chapter 57

[ 65 votes until next chapter ]

y/n +

"how do you know they're in california?" i asked as i started to feel myself getting uncomfortable due to the topic we were talking about.

"where else would they go? florida? texas? clearly they're gonna go to california bc that's where all the gangs and everything is at." he said.

"then we're not gonna go to california." i said making his eyes go dark

"you don't have to go, i could go with kashius." he said as he got up leaving me speechless.

"first off, if i don't go to california, kashius isn't going to california. and he's my son." i protested making him scoff, "he's my son too."

i groaned, "what's so hard about understanding that these people are trying to kill us! she wants you back joseph! that's all she wants! she wanted me dead bc i'm with you! don't you get it?" i shouted

"y/n - " i cut him off,

"i already told you we're not goin - "

"would you listen to me!" he yelled making me go quiet

"me and lexi are still married. not by love or anything, but legally were still married. if i don't divorce her i can't marry anyone." he said making me furrow my eyebrows.

"why does you being married still matter? some girls still go after they're ex-boyfriends even if they're not married."

"nevermind."

***

after discussing for 3 hours, i agreed on moving to california.

the work on constructing the whole thing would take atleast a year and a half until it's fully built but we'd be moving over there once it's officially fully built.

"little kash is gonna he 2 when we move" i laughed making joey look at me, "3" he corrected.
"no 2"

"3"

"2"

"3!"

"2!"

"3!"

"joseph. he was born on may 24th. the building is gonna be done being built on march 11th" i said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"oh. ok" he shrugged and continued signing papers while i played with kash as we sat infront of joey's desk playing with his toys.

i could feel his piercing green orbs stare at us making a small smile creep up on my face

"take a picture, it'll last longer" i looked at him, catching his gaze in mine.

"i like this better" he said and continued doing what he was doing. i shook my head while letting out a small laugh.

after an hour joey's office phone starting ringing and he put it on speaker,