chapter 25

[ happy thanksgiving! i released 3 chapters for today so enjoy! ]

joey +

i just stared at charles in disbelief.

i walked up to him and knocked him down to the floor.

i punched his jaw as he started punching me, my parents walked in but i just kept on.

i couldn't stop, his face was bleeding. i was killing him.

my face felt wet.

i was crying but bleeding at the same time.

i stopped and pulled him up by his collar, "don't you ever fucking mention my marriage again!" i yelled in his face.

"fuck you" he choked as blood filled his mouth, i got up and looked at my parents.

"gitnick get cleaned up" my dad told charles, then he looked around the room to everyone staring.

my mom pulled me by my arm, "what the hell were you talking about? marriage?" she looked at me, gripping on my arm.

both of my parents pulled me outside and i got inside the car. leaving everybody in the room speechless.

my mom and dad then got in, "explain" my dad started off.

flashback | december 17th 2016 +

i walked inside our house as i came back from north carolina to surprise my wife, lexi.

i heard noises coming from upstairs, i heard moaning.

i furrowed my eyebrows as i quietly closed the door.

i walked upstairs still holding the dozen red roses i had gotten her in my hand.

i put my ear at the door i heard some guy grunting and her moans, lexi's moans.

i felt my heart beating rapidly, i bursted through the door and my jaw dropped.

"what the fuck!" i dropped the roses, "baby it's not what it looks like" she grabbed her robe and quickly put it on.

"oh really? i come back early to surprise you and this is what you do?!" i scoffed

i go into the closet and grab 3 suitcases and throw all my clothes in it.

leaving nothing behind, i got everything i needed.

"baby please" she cried.

she shouldn't be fucking crying, i should.

i am.

i always make sure she's happy and smiling. just like i promised in my vows.

mine and lexi's marriage was private, i never told my parents nor did she tell hers.

although were 22 and got married at 20, we were just too young if that's what you wanna say.

but i love her- loved her.

she kept trying to stop me but i kept on packing, that asshole she was smashing got his shit and left.

i'd kick his ass if he didn't leave. "please!" she kept saying.

"let go of me! did those vows mean anything to you?!" i asked her.

"of course!" she said.

i finished zipping my last suitcase, "clearly they didn't" i gritted my teeth.

i passed by her leaving her speechless, i got my uber and left california to new york, continuing the business with my parents.

end of flashback +

i told my parents the story leaving my mom in tears, "is she the reason your this messed up" my mom asked.

i couldn't speak, the lump in my throat.

it was like i was empty, cold.

my dad's face was soft, my past wasn't pretty. I haven't heard from her since that day.

i just kept my head down, tears streaming down my face.

just like the tears that streamed down my face when i got on the plane leaving to new york that day.

the only thing i just forgot to do was divorce her.

[ vote, comment, share ]