Chapter 40

35 votes until next chapter

* Play Song *
-

* Y/n POV *

Everything felt as if it were in slow motion, I watched him as he fell to the floor.

"Joey" I crawled to him, "N-No, LOREN CALL AN AMBULANCE" I yelled

I heard Loren talking to 911, people started running out, screaming.

"Joey" I cried, "y-y/n" he stuttered

"If anything happens, j-just know I love y-you-" I cut him off as a tear slipped out his eye

"N-no don't say that cause your not dying, do you hear me, your not dying!" I cried

I saw him look to the side, closing his eyes. Tears falling down his face, "Please, if anything tell my P-Parents, Sophia and B-Bella I love them" he cried

I picked him up and layed his head on my legs, slowly rubbing his hair. I heard his small breaths, each one getting smaller and quieter

Soon, it stopped, his eyes closed and he stopped moving.

"Joey!" I softly shaked him, he was gone. "NO JOEY!" I picked his head up.

"LOREN HES NOT BREATHING! LOREN!" I yelled, she got up from the chair running over to me.

She got on the floor and put 2 fingers on his neck, her eyes widened. "He doesn't have a pulse" she said.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN HE DOESNT HAVE A PULSE" my hands were shaking to the point where I couldn't feel them.

"Y/N HIS HEART STOPPED" she yelled, I looked at the gunshot wound, the bleeding wouldn't stop.

I quickly put my hand over it, "Loren check now"

"It's weak but it's their" she sighed, we heard a siren. 5 police cars were outside with 2 ambulances

Me and Loren were the only ones in the building, how convenient. Some guys came in with a gurney, along with 4 cops.

They picked Joey up, my hand still over the wound. "MOVE IT WERE LOSING HIM" yelled one of the guys.

Loren stayed back talking to the cops about everything that happened and showing them the surveillance footage of the shooting.

I got in the ambulance, watching as they cut open his shirt, I felt like dying watching him like this.

"Ma'am what's the his name?" he asked me, "J-Joseph Birlem" I stuttered.

I felt as if something was with me, but I can't see or feel it physically.

The heart rate monitor started going off, "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep" it started going off like crazy.

"WE NEED TO GET THIS HIM TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW! KEVIN SPEED THE FUCKING AMBULANCE UP!" Yelled a guy

-

I waited in the waiting room, for someone to come tell me something, my legs and hands were all covered in blood.

"WHERES MY SON" yelled Mrs. Birlem as she walked through the hospital doors

Once she saw me she came over to me with Joey's dad and Bella, they all looked like they have been crying.

"He's in surgery" I got up, "I'm so sorry Mrs. Birlem" I cried.

"Oh honey it's not your fault" she hugged me, "Yes it is, that guy was supposed to shoot me, kill me, not Joey" I cried on her shoulder.

"My son is strong, he's gonna make it" she cried, I watched as Bella and her dad sat their crying.

"Where's Sophia?" I asked changing the topic, "she left on vacation to North Carolina to go visit some family" said Bella

* Doctors POV *

"WERE LOSING HIM! SHOCK HIS HEART" I yelled, "Sir he's gone" said the nurse.

"NO THEIR HAS TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO THIS GUY HAS A FAMILY! HE PUSHED A GIRL OUT OF THE WAY TODAY TO SAVE HER LIFE! WE ARE NOT LOSING HIM! NOW GET ME THE GODDAMN PEDALS"

-

The worst part about being a doctor sometimes is having to tell family's that their loved one died...

_________

35 votes until next chapter