chapter 24

loren +

"you don't like him do you?" i asked y/n as we got our drinks, "no."

"oh-" she cut me off, "i love him."

my eyes went wide, "woah babe, you've only known the guy for 3 weeks and already you love him? how's that?"

"i don't know maybe i don't- i just. i feel a certain type of way around him that's the thing loren. he's just so different from the guys i've known- like tyler" she said.

"tyler brown?" i asked and she nodded as we sat down at a table.

"isn't he in jail or something?" i took a sip of my vanilla bean.

"yeah, he got arrested for rape i think? no, he got arrested for threatening his ex girlfriend saying he'd kill her boyfriend if they didn't break up. i'm not sure but he definitely did something like that" she shrugged

her phone vibrated and she immediately smiled when she lifted the screen.

"what's got you all happy all of a sudden" i laugh.

"charles" she said sarcastically, "you guys are dating?" i furrowed my brows.

"yeah, were going to dinner on friday, he said he wanted to show me around new york and it's beautiful features" she smiled resting her chin on her hand.

"next thing you know your gonna be smashing" i wiggled my eyebrows.

she playfully rolled her eyes, "so what's for plans today."

"well, joey is taking me somewhere after work. he had some designers come over and bring clothes for me." she sighed

"wait let me get this straight" i paused

"so you currently think you quote on quote 'love' joey- well, bc 'love' is a big word. your also dating charles and going on a date with him friday."

"now, today your going on a date with joey?" i was confused on how this girls love life works.

"pretty much. so i'm dating charles, but joey is currently a hot mess" she said looking out the window.

"well we gotta get back to the enterprises, i have to help slutty gabby with some filing. she doesn't even know how to file and she has been working there for 7 months, it's just so dumb" i got up from the chair and threw away my cup.

y/n +

we got out the car and walked inside, i headed straight up to my office ignoring everybody.

"well it's nice seeing you" i heard a voice from behind me.

i turned around and it was charles. a smile was plastered on my face.

he wrapped his arms around my waist as i put my arms around his neck. i gave his lips a soft yet passionate kiss.

gosh how i missed those lips.

the doors soon opened to reveal joey looking through some paperwork.

i quickly let go of charles once joey looked up at us.

he gave me a small smile and i returned it, i walked to my office without saying a word.

joey +

i saw them, she isn't slick.

i walked into the elevator, my back faced charles.

"so, you wanna tell me why you were in my house." he started off by saying.

"i don't know what your talking about" i said as i was hesitant for the elevator to reach the g* floor.

"Sure you don't. Just like how you don't know about the shattered bits of glass and pile of blood you left on my floor, definetly." he said, sarcasm in his tone.

"you know i like her."

"and? does that mean i can't like her?"  he said.

the elevator stopped and i got off.

loren was sitting at the front desk chair. perfect.

finally someone who can actually file, unlike all these other skanks who don't know crap.

"loren can you do me the favor and file these for me" i handed her the papers. she nodded and grabbed them.

"what about the key? ooh you just couldn't forget" charles touched my shoulder as he stood infront of me.

y/n soon walks out the elevator with a stack of papers.

"loren, can you have these sent to morgan and lewston enterprises." she placed the papers next to loren as she separated 2 stacks.

"i love her" i whispered so only charles could hear. i saw his expression soften but also show rage.

"well i love her too" he whispered back. he did not just- he did not. nope. joseph he didn't just say he loves her right? no? well to fucking bad he did.

"you see, theirs just a little issue here-" i cut him off.

"don't you fucking dare" i balled my hand in a fist.

"why? theirs nothing wrong with just speaking up" he whispered in my ear.

i pushed him, "i said no!"

the room went silent, "why?! what are you so afraid of?! losing her!" he shouted

"yes charles i am scared of losing her bc you know something! i love her!" i shouted

"then just say it to her! right now!" he pushed me.

all my emotions were all around the place, i couldn't ever speak about it. ever.

charles was the only one who ever knew.

the way i got my heart crushed, she was the one i fell deeply inlove with but it's a past i never want to remember.

how she hurt me.

"i can't!" i just couldn't tell y/n in front of my workers that i love her.

"you know why you can't?! bc you're married!"

[ vote, comment, share ]