chapter 13

after 30 minutes of driving and singing to
g-eazy song's, we pulled up into a driveway which confused me.

"why are we - " i got cut off by joey getting out the car, he went to my side and lifted up the door.

he closed it once i got out, my eyes landed on a gorgeous mansion that was right in front of me.
-

-

"wow" was all that rolled off my tongue, joey grabbed my hand and led me to the doorway as we passed the water fountain.

he opened the door allowing me to walk in which just made me fall in love even more.

"you have a nice home birlem" i smirked, turning around to face him.

"would you like anything to drink? glass of water? coke? wine? " he said as he smirked at the last word,

"wine seems nice " i said and he headed towards what i'm guessing is the kitchen.

i went ahead and sat down on the comfortable soft grey couch he had in the living room.

i sighed and i soon felt my phone vibrate

i checked it and it was a message from cameron and loren.

• • •

cameron - hey! it's been awhile. well, not really but just checking up on you. how are things going over there in new york?¿

me - cam, it's only been 4 days lol. but i'm doing good. i got the job! and right now i'm just chilling in my boss's $10 million mansion at the moment.

• • •

lorena - where'd you go?

me - i went to lunch with mr. birlem and then it ended up to coming to his house.

lorena - nice right? well text me when ur getting here or if not in the morning if u stay over.

me - alright. love u!

lorena - love u too!

• • •

i turned off my phone once joey came back, he held 2 wine glasses in one hand and a half frozen wine bottle in the other.

i playfully rolled my eyes to the back of my head at the sight, it made my mouth water.

"wait" he paused