*Fourty Three*

On our way to Minneapolis

On our way to Minneapolis. We pulled over to take a break. Warren, Vasquez and Blake are talking about Minneapolis in front of the truck. Addy and doc are trying to get a hold on to Citizen Z.

But me and 10k, we were just sitting on the back of the truck. It was quiet before I opened my mouth.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't know, you haven't talked to me a lot." I shrugged.

"I'm not a very talkative person, you know that." He sighed.

"Or is it because of Cassandra?" I asked and his head shot towards me.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You've been depressed ever since she turned into that...that thing." I said.

"She was just a really good friend of mine." He shrugged.

"Friends? I've never seen friends act that way with each other." I looked away so he couldn't see the tears well up in my eyes.

He stayed quiet.

"Tell me now." I looked into his eyes. "Do you have feelings for Cassandra?"

"I-I." He stutters then stopped.

I nodded my head and felt the tears rush out of my eyes. "That's what I thought." My voice cracked. I got up from the truck and walked towards a tree.

I sat down and looked up at the sky, letting the tears fall.

I still love him, I still care about him, and I still want him but the sad thing is...

He doesn't feel the same.

He feels the same with Cassandra. I know it. I can see it when he looks at her because when I look at 10k, I feel the same way.

I felt those butterflies every time I looked at him, every time I kissed him, and every time I touched him.

"Topaz?" I heard addy from the other side of the tree.

I quickly wiped the tears, and fixed myself so I didn't look like I was crying my eyes out.

I stood up and turned to her.

"Are you good sweetie?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." My voice cracked.

"No, your not." She shook her head and grabbed my hands. "But that's okay. It's okay to not be good all the time. If your good all the time then you are not human."

At this point tears were gushing out of my eyes like a waterfall.

"Why did this happen to us?" I cried. "Why was everything I loved taken away from me?!"