*Thirty Five*

(This is probably the most funniest chapter of this book😂 and I swear the next chapter is the last chapter of season one)

As we were walking through the creepy lab, the phone went off causing me to jump.

"Doc, put that thing on vibrate." I fussed.

He nodded and answered the phone call.

"Zombie Apocalypse, how may I direct your call?"

"Uh, Yeah, what's left of us. This is doc speaking."

I felt a hand touch mine. I turned around to see 10k. "Hey."

"Hey, are you okay? you seem a little jumpy today." He asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just paranoid I guess."

"Okay." He nodded and hugged me.

"Correctomundo." Doc said. "Nice to heat your voice."

"I was meaning to ask you something 10k." I sighed.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Why did you look so upset when I told Doc my plans after we give Murphy to Dr Merch?"

"Oh, it was selfish of me not to think about helping you with finding your brother." He sighed.

"No no, it wasn't selfish." I shook my head.

"But, I'm going to help you find your brother." He smiled.

"Then we can go somewhere cold and get away from the Z's." I chuckled, we gazed at each other until doc snapped us out of it.

"So what fresh hell awaits us?" He asks.

This time we heard what Citizen Z said. "According to the operations manual I've hacked into, you're going to need to go through decontamination."

"Well that sounds great to me." Doc says. "Cuz I ain't had a decent shower since, let's see, New York."

"Well it's not exactly a shower. But here's the most important thing. It is imperative you decontaminate again before going back to the surface." Citizen Z explains. "This lab is equipped with Defcon One level quarantine assurance.

"Defcon One?" Doc asked. "Well isn't that some kind of nuclear term?"

"In the event of the breach of the quarantine system, the lab is targeted to be incinerated by a tactical nuclear weapon."