*Twenty Three*

(Mood all the time)

We finished burying Wilbur and sat down for a few minutes

"So that thing is still ready to cook off."Doc said. "Well I'd like to know what we're supposed to do about it."

"Can't run." I added. "We're still within the blast Zone."

"We go in." Warren sighed.

"And do what?" Doc asked.

"Grady was the one who knew how to shut that thing off."

"I'm a doctor, dammit, not a nuclear physicist."

I walked over to Amelia, where she was sitting on a big rock.

"Need someone to talk to?" I asked.

"He was so close." She sniffled.

"Your dad did his best, and we're great full for that." I gave her a sad smile.

"It wasn't dying that he was afraid of." She sighed. "He really didn't want to become a Z, even for a few seconds."

Warren and doc walked up.

"Amelia, we need to know." Warren said. "Can you shut this thing down by yourself, if we protect you?"

She shook her head. "I know airplanes, not nukes."

"I mean there's one guy." She added.

"Here, in Edgemont?" Doc asked.

"Yeah, Homer Stubbins." She nodded. "He was the chief engineer at the plant for 20 years, he was dad's boss."

"He's been hold up in the woods since the apocalypse, He's armed and dangerous. He became a recluse after the death of his son."

"How do we find homer?" Warren asked.

Amelia shook her head. "He won't talk to you."

Warren narrowed her eyes. "We have to try."

She sighed and nodded. I gestured Murphy and 10k towards us. Amelia lead us through the woods until we got to a small camp, surrounded my barbed wire fences.

"We have to stop here." Amelia said.

"We're still fifty yards away." Murphy pointed.

"My dad said the place was booby-trapped. I told you, Homer's crazy."

"Have we completely dismissed the idea of a phone call?" Cassandra asked. "Just sayin."

10k crouched down, examining the pathway.

"Hey." Warren got to his level. "This is your kinda set-up. How do we get in?"

"Uh, without Getting us killed. I do like to keep that in mind." Murphy interrupted.