XXXII: Blood and Weakness

With his wavy, long brown hair and blazing crystal-like eyes, he lured maidens of pure blood into the heart of his home. He had no respect for women, since it was a woman herself that had sent him to the pits of hell. He wiped off blood from his fingers on his dark black hakamas, kicking a corpse over.

The saber hummed at his side as he pushed open a set of ivory doors that matched the color of the clouds, revealing a grand, open room. The floors were a pale lavender, almost glass like from the way the light reflected off of it. Ivory pillars complemented the room, intricate designs of the stories of the great dog demons carved into the stone.

At the other side of the room upon her velvet red throne sat a silver haired maiden, beautiful in her eternal glory. A stoic expression was visible on her face, the Lord's presence seeming to not surprise her. She showed no fear and not an ounce of uneasiness, aware of the fact that he had killed every single one of her servants.

"The answer is no." She spoke smoothly, assuming he wanted to challenge her or wanted her hand in marriage. Her life for the past few years was filled of continuous visits from multiple demons who either wanted to kill her, ally themselves with her against a growing force of evil, or bind themselves to her in marriage. None that she was interested in whatsoever.

The Lord approached the demoness casually, a sly grin playing on his lips. His crystal irises shifted into a lighter shade of gold at the sight of her beauty, knowing just as well that she was as deadly as she was beautiful. Her eyes narrowed the closer he came, the uneasiness in her gut rising slowly. There was something about him that gave off an unpleasant feeling and threw her off just a bit. It wasn't because he had successfully killed every one of her guards - that were mainly there for decor - but because she could sense the immense strength coming from him. But she wasn't worried - he was just a mere bloodthirsty child to her that craved power.

"Not a step closer." She warned when he lifted one foot up to the steps of her throne.

She hadn't realized that she was at the edge of her throne, her fingers instinctively on her pendant, which was glowing a soft purple.

"What have you done to my guards?" She asked nonchalantly, easing back into her throne.

"What makes you think I've done anything to them?"

The silver haired demoness glanced at the blood on his hands, as he grinned at her expression of disgust. She rose up to her feet, clothed in a delicate lavender kimono with golden accents. Her silver hair was loose around her face, not expecting to have another visiter so soon.

Tatsuo chuckled, taking a step back and bending down on one knee.

"My apologies, your great and beautiful majesty."

"Leave."

"Aren't you curious as to who I am?"

"No."

Tatsuo frowned.

The saber hummed louder at his side, causing her gaze to travel down to the sheathed weapon.

Her golden eyes widened in shock, the familiar curve of weapon causing unpleasant memories to flood back into her mind. 

The demoness' slight agitation spiked into rage, and within a second, she had transformed into a great dog demon, teeth bared inches from Tatsuo's face.

"I see you recognized my little toy." He chuckled, drawing the saber from his side proudly.

She growled.

"Tell me, your majesty. How much do you care for your son's life?"

At the mention of her son, she lunged at the Lord, who side stepped and swung out the saber. The blade glowed a brighter gold the second it made contact with the demoness' blood. She let out a pained yelp, landing a few hundred feet away from Tatsuo.