X: Healing

"Our father?!"

Sesshomaru kept his dull expression steady, ignoring Inuyasha's shocked exclamation.

"But when I came across the saber, it was already in the hands of another demon."

"What the hell do you even want with this weapon?!"

"Isn't it obvious? For power."

"You already have power! What reason could you want more power for?!" Inuyasha snapped.

But Sesshomaru simply turned and walked away from Inuyasha.

Now is not the time to reveal my motives.

-

Rin

I had a dream.

There was blood. A lot of blood. I was trying my best to sustain my injuries, but my efforts were futile.

I was dying, as I looked up in the shocked and anguished golden eyes of Lord Sesshomaru.

And that's when I realized.

He was holding me in his arms, his expression horrified.

Horrified because he was the one who had just killed me.

A sinister laugh sounded around us.

But Lord Sesshomaru acted quickly.

He removed a sword from his side, a new sword in the shape of a saber.

And then he plunged it through my heart.

It was a horrible dream. So horrible that I woke up in tears, my body trembling uncontrollably.

I've never had such vivid of a dream.

But one thing scared me even more.

I couldn't move my body.

I tried to pull my arms up to sit myself up, my arms feeling very limp and fuzzy. But it was my legs that I couldn't feel/

I feared the worst.

"Don't try to move, Lady Rin. You're okay, we just had to numb your body so you wouldn't feel the effects of your injuries." An unfamiliar face appeared before my eyes. A doctor, I assumed.

"What... What happened?" I asked, shocked that my voice was there.

"When Lady Kagome brought you to us, you were on the verge of death. It was a miracle you survived in the first place with all your injuries. She said you were healing yourself. You must have outstanding healing abilities."

I let out a soft laugh. Right, I had forgotten that Kurayi demon had tried to kill me.

"What happened to the demon that tried to kill me?"

"He's dead. Along with the his sister."

"Dead?" I'm surprised they died that easily. Who killed them?

Now that I think about it..

"Where am I? And how did I get here?"

"You are in one of Lady Kagome's spare rooms. She brought you back after fending off the demons."

I smiled. Sometimes I forgot how strong she was.

"So Kagome killed the demons?" Wow. Impressive.

"Not exactly."

The doctor quickly excused himself from the room.

I sighed as I turned my head to the door, hearing footsteps come closer.