XV: The Village of Sorrows

Rin

"Welcome to the Village of Sorrows!"

The closer we neared the village, the louder the laughter and chatter grew.

Why this village was called the village of sorrows when I sensed nothing but joy and excitement confused me.

"Our Lord has been expecting you!" A random stranger literally pulled me off of A-un, wrapping me in his arms as I winced.

I didn't even react when Lord Sesshomaru yanked the dude off of me, throwing him away like he was a piece of trash.

The villagers stopped in their celebration for a brief second before continuing on as if nothing had just happened.

Lord Sesshomaru placed his hand on the small of my back.

"Are you alright, Rin?" He asked.

"Yes."

"That fool! Who does he think he is, pulling Rin off of A-un like that?!" Master Jaken snapped as we walked further in to the village.

"It's okay, Master Jaken. He was probably just excited." I said.

"Still! That doesn't hive him the right to do that! I'm surprised Lord Sesshomaru didn't kill him on the spot!!"

"Jaken."

"Yes, my lord?"

"Be civilized. You need to be my eyes and ears in this village." Lord Sesshomaru said.

I watched as tears formed in Master Jaken's eyes, his lip quivering.

"Y-yes, my lord!!"

I smiled at how emotional Master Jaken always got whenever Lord Sesshomaru entrusted him with a task.

"The village of sorrows is kind of an odd name for this village, isn't it Lord Sesshomaru?" I asked as we continued to pass by a whole bunch of smiling and laughing people. The scent of the food that lingered in the air made my stomach grumble.

"Yes." He said void of emotion. His attention was elsewhere, eyes focused forward. He was on edge. I mean, I would be to when accepting the invitation of the man that attacked us just outside of the village. There was something off about this village, and I know he was trying to figure out what.

-

Tatsuo discarded his torn cloak in the fire, approaching the large mirror that covered the wall.

The saber on his side throbbed with life, power leaking off of the weapon after absorbing Sesshomaru's bakusaiga. 

Tatsuo drew the blade, summoning his clone 38. Right as the clone appeared, he struck it down with Sesshomaru's bakusaiga, leaving in its wake torn pieces of clothing.

The saber had one little taste of Rin when she touched the cane. And it wanted more.

It took everything in Tatsuo's power to keep the saber at bay. He didn't want to expose it to Lord Sesshomaru, at least, not yet.

First, he had to get Rin alone. It was the only way to appease the hunger of the saber from getting out of control. Because once it wanted something, it wouldn't stop manipulating its master until it got it.