XXVI: The Saber of the Three Worlds

"It's started to consume you, my Lord. It won't be too long until it gets a permanent hold on your soul."

Myoga rested upon Inu no Taisho's shoulder, feeling helpless that he couldn't do anything to relieve his Master of the agonizing pain he was in.

There was a pure black mark of evil that had begun to form at the palm of Inu no Taisho's hand. After four times of excessive use of the Saber of Three Worlds, it had caused the mark to rise up his forearm and bicep, branching out as a tree as it marked his entire arm up to his shoulder.

Sweat trickled down his forehead as he tried to ignore the excruciating pain this weapon had been causing him. Inu no Taisho hadn't even had this deadly for a week until it was already destroying him.

"I can't believe a weapon like this could have such a negative effect on you my lord, the greatest demon to have walked this life." Myoga complimented his master.

Inu no Taisho shakily sat up, eyeing the beautiful golden Saber at the opposite end of the space. The great dog demon had just taken down a formidable foe that had despised him and wanted his blood for years as a result of him stealing the woman he loved from him, but Inu no Taisho easily took him down with the Saber.

But now he would have to face its consequences.

"Myoga."

"Yes, my Lord!" He perked up when Inu no Taisho finally spoke after watching him suffer silently in pain for almost ten minutes.

"How do I get rid of it?"

"I-I could try and suck the poison out of you my-"

"Not the poison. The saber."

Old Myoga was silent for a minute, Inu no Taisho's pained eyes meeting his alarmed ones.

"W-well, I.. I believe you'd have to banish it."

"Banish it where?"

"To a place where no demon can ever lay its hands on it again."

Inu no Taisho was silent, partly from the pain and for suddenly getting lost in thought.

"I know you were planning on giving the saber to your son when he comes of age. But if you can't handle it my Lord, what makes you think he can handle it?"

"Because he'll become an even greater demon than I am." Inu no Taisho said without hesitation.

"You really have that much faith in your son, my Lord?"

"I do."

"Do you think he'll end up to be like his mother?"

"No. Sesshomaru will be nothing like her."

Myoga sighed. "So you want to banish it from every demon out there but your son."

"No. I want to banish it from every demon including my son... and myself. But he will be the only demon that will have a clue of where it is."