VI: Abduction

I stepped out in the beauty of the pale new moon with a peacefully sleeping child in my arms, Kagome and Inuyasha's newborn.

The party wasn't as torturous as I imagined it would have been. Of course, Kagome's random friends she had invited were kind to me and wished me a happy 18th birthday. They had said that now that I was 18, I had ultimate freedom. The freedom to make my own choices.

And right now, there was one thing I wanted more than ever. But that seemed so out of my grasp already.

And then there was Izayoi's nightmare she had told me about. Maybe that man was just a coincidence, maybe he wasn't the monster. But the way he had looked at me and then disappeared.. something wasn't right.

Geez. She's only 6 and her powers have already developed immensely. And that was only the half part of the priestess abilities in her.

I sighed as I rocked the baby in my arms, as he twisted to press its cute chubby cheek against my forearm.

The baby had shifted from its back onto its stomach, as he let his arms fall limp.

I smiled in amusement, taking in a deep breath of the flower scented air.

I looked across the stream and through the swarm of trees that begun exactly behind Kagome and Inuyasha's house. And through these trees, if you walked a bit past the stream, you could see the tree in which Inuyasha and Kagome first met.

It was like the size and age of the tree represented Kagome and Inuyasha's love.

A loud thud suddenly sounded from behind me, as I snapped my head back, only to see the light from inside the house.

Now that I think about it, the atmosphere around me suddenly felt very heavy and oppressing.

This feeling sent an uneasy shiver down my spine as I turned my head back to the field of trees.

And thats when I saw a dark figure laying in the stream.

"I wasn't expecting the little girl I've heard about to be this.. grown up. Your beauty, I must say, is breathtaking." An eerie voice spoke next to me.

I turned my head slowly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping baby in my arms. I focused my energy around myself and the baby, forming a spiritual barrier around us.

This figure had a hood that covered his face, so I couldn't make our his facial features.

But he wore a looming cloak as he towered over me, his green eyes glowing as he stared down at me.

This is bad. I needed to get this baby out of here.

"What do you want?" I whispered.

"Isn't it obvious? You."

I tensed at the way he spoke 'you'.

The dark haired baby in my arms let out a small whine.

"I'll go with you, willingly. Just let me bring this baby back inside to his mother so he's safe."

"Hmm. Foolish girl. I know the minute you step inside, you'll tell them that I've come to take you away."

I clenched my jaw. "I won't. I promise." I pleaded.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I'm afraid I can't accept that."

I narrowed my eyes at him, strengthening my barrier around this child.

The stranger sneered. "You think a barrier can stop me?"

"No. But it can slow you down."

"Now, surely you won't run with the baby. I won't have a choice but to kill this annoying little rat." I heard a dark amusement in his voice.