III: Busted

"Why is it every time I come to visit, I always get stuck with babysitting.." Kohaku groaned, throwing himself down onto Kirara's side. We had just succeeded in changing the kids out of their wet clothes, Kohaku including, giving them a bath, and playing with them. Well, Kohaku did most of the work while I watched. It was a miracle that they went to bed for their afternoon nap right after.

"Hey, it's not that bad. At least the kids are asleep right now."

"True."

"Speaking of naps, I think I'm gonna head back home and take one myself."

"Just take one on Kirara. I do it all the time. She doesn't mind." Kirara meowed in agreement.

"I prefer napping in a nice and shady area. But thanks for the offer." I said as I got off Kirara.

"Alright. But your party is in less than an hour."

"Come pick me up then." I said, waving back to him as I started to walk away.

"No! I think they have a plan for that!" He called out.

I let out an amused laugh, shaking my head.

A few minutes later I arrived at my house, only to hear a loud thump from inside as I was about to open my door.

On instinct I threw open the door, holding my hand out in front of me to either form a protective barrier or throw anyone against the wall. But my eyes widened in surprise when I realized who it was.

The silver haired half demon had his hair pinned against the wall by one of my arrows, and a note in his hand pinned not too far from his hair by another one of my arrows. His hands were up in surrender, eyes wide in shock when they landed on me.

"Inuyasha??"

"Your stupid trap almost killed me!" He roared with a scowl on his face, pulling himself free of my arrows.

"What are you doing in my house?? I thought you had learned those many times before to try and not break in here when I'm gone?!" I snapped in annoyance. Great. There were more holes on my wall now, most of them Inuyasha's fault.

"Why the hell do you even have traps in here?! No one's gonna break into your house!" He retorted.

"Except for you, idiot!" I said. "Now. What the heck do you think you are doing in my house?!"

His eyes widened as if I had just found out his secret, remembering something extremely important.

"Me? I-uh.. nothing! Kagome just asked me to stop by... She thinks you might have stolen one of her.. one of her, uh.." His eyes scanned the room, looking for a certain object before they landed on the arrows cluttered around him.

"Arrows! She thought you might have stolen one of her arrows."

I frowned in suspicion. "She did give me a few of her arrows, yes.." I informed him.

"Oh, really? I didn't know that." He said, scratching the back of his head nervously as he held a fake grin on his face.

"Of course you didn't." I mumbled. "Now, please." I opened the door for him, showing him the way out. "Leave."

He sighed, approaching the exit in a defeated slouch. For such an old guy, he still acted like a child sometimes. Even though being with Kagome and having kids caused him to mature, it was still funny how childish he acted.