V: Nightmare

"SURPRISE!"

Although I was expecting this, it still alarmed me so much that I jumped and nearly tripped over myself if Inuyasha hadn't been sulking behind me to keep me upright.

"Ah! I wasn't expecting this.. At all!" I tried to exclaim enthusiastically. They all cheered after that as I escaped from their eyes, winding my way into a spare room.

"Want some food, birthday princess?" I heard Kohaku's voice behind me.

"Kohaku, I thought this was going to be a small party with just me and my friends?"

"It is. Isn't it?" He wondered with a raised eyebrow.

"No! I don't even know who half of these people are!"

"Well, Kagome does."

I rolled my eyes. Of course Kagome does. She's the one that invited them, idiot.

Kohaku stuffed a rice ball in my mouth.

I chewed it down quickly, sending him an annoyed glare.

"Do not shove food down my mouth!" I said after I had swallowed it.

"You looked hungry though.."

"There you are!" Sango appeared behind Kohaku, one of the twins on her back.

"Kagome is looking for you! She wants to introduce you to a few of her friends."

"No thanks." I mumbled as I tried to turn away.

She grabbed my arm, yanking me around to face her.

Sango was about to open her mouth to probably scold me, but Miroku suddenly appeared around the corner, as if he had sensed trouble.

And he had. He suddenly ran by, but not before scooping Sango and the twin in his arms. He gave me a wink before running off with an annoyed Sango.

"That was close." Kohaku had released the breath he had been holding in.

"Your sister is scary."

"Yeah. I feel for Miroku at times." He chuckled.

"Sango is right. I should probably go back to the party since it is, after all, for me.."

"Yeah! Good idea. Now, let's get some food while were at it, and maybe I'll go get A-un to scare these people away...."

-

Unknown

I was here when the party started in the late afternoon, when the sun still shone. This party I had hoped would die down in a few hours, but it carried on to the night.

The biggest building in the village gave off the strong smell of human blood.

Lots of it.

The lively sound of laughter and music continued to flow from that building.

I gracefully dropped off the branch I was crouching upon, a smirk forming on my lips.

In there, in that house, was my prey.

It had taken me months, but I finally found the village that she had been hiding.

If she was here, then Sesshomaru must be close. If he wasn't close, he would come running, just for her.

Perfect. I could kill that son of a bitch for killing my brother.

I had heard years ago that Sesshomaru had been traveling with a girl and a little demon. If I could have just been stronger then, I could have ended Sesshomaru's pathetic life in no time.