VII: The Siblings

"You're walking on thin ice here, Kurayi."

Hikari bent down before the girl, watching her sleep intently.

"She's so beautiful!" She said.

"When he comes for her, I will-"

"Kurayi, he won't come for her."

"You don't know that!" I snapped, glaring down at her. She met my expression with one as equally terrifying as her red eyes pulsed in anger.

I had almost forgotten that she was terrifying under that innocent veil of hers.

"Sesshomaru has been out of sight for two years. It's not like he's suddenly going to show up again just for this girl."

"He will. She's not just any other human to him."

Hikari let out an exasperated sigh. "Whatever you say, boss. But can we not kill her? I like how she looks." She traced her snake like tongue across the girl's face.

"Oh, please. You just want her."

She gasped. "I do not!"

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious. She's be a useful tool to our cause."

"And what exactly is our cause, Hikari?" I asked, getting a bit annoyed at her constant talking.

"Idiot. Have you been so overcome by your thirst for revenge that you don't even remember our true purpose?!"

I rolled my eyes. Here we go again.

"Collecting souls of strong demons and the blood of humans for the sake of bringing our big brother back!"

"Geez, Hikari! You still want to bring that nasty bastard back?!"

"Why the hell do you think I've been choosing to stay at your side, fool?! You think this is all just fun and games?! Wrong!"

The girl let out a soft murmur as Hikari and I snapped our heads to her unconscious body.

"Maybe you should stop screaming with that big mouth of yours." I pointed out.

I was kicked in the face in response, as I felt my body flying to the side and hitting the hard cave wall.

"Ouch.. You bitch! What the hell was that for?!"

"Maybe you should learn to respect me more, since I am, after all, stronger than you."

"So what? I'm the older brother. You listen to me." I snapped as I brushed the dirt off my body, pushing myself up to my feet.

"And besides. I haven't forgotten our true purpose. This girl's heart, and Sesshomaru's soul... Its perfect."

Her eyes widened. "Oh! I see now! You're so much smarter than what I give you credit for, big brother!" Hikari grinned at me like I was some childish puppy.

"With Tatsuo back-"

"Who's Tatsuo?"

I tensed when the girl's voice rung in my ears.