Prologue

"Granny Kaede!" I waved my arm back and forth in an attempt to get her attention. She turned her head at the sound of my voice and let out a relieved laugh.

"Rin! I'm glad you made it back safely!" She called out, waving in return.

I grinned, walking to her quickly with the basket of medicinal plants I collected at the tip of a waterfall.

"Here you are. Just as you requested." I said, offering her the basket.

She took it with a warm smile, glancing up at my face. A few moments passed before her eyes became glasslike.

I sighed.

"Granny Kaede-"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. You've just.. grown up so strongly and beautifully. You remind me so much of Kagome. Such strength.." She said quietly as a single tear trailed down her cheek.

I gave her a warm smile, reaching up and wiping her tear away.

"Thank you, Granny Kaede." I said.

She grinned before shaking her head, putting a serious expression back on.

"Alright. Would you like to help me with this next step?"

"Actually, Kagome wanted to see me after I finished helping you.." I said softly, not wanting to make it obvious that I wanted to escape from helping her turn these plants into useful pain medicine..

"Well then, you better get going!" Granny Kaede let out a joyous laugh before turning around with a wave.

I smiled, turning the other way towards Kagome and Inuyasha's home.

You could see it, out of all the homes in the village, even though it was at the very edge.. Inuyasha had built it himself for Kagome for her birthday, making it obnoxiously big. It was the most complex wooden building in the village. He had to be obnoxious and go all out.

And what was even more sweet was that he built it not too far from the place where him and Kagome first met - the sacred tree.

It's been seven years, and I never tired of hearing the story of when they first met.

I walked up their large set of wooden steps a few minutes later, lifting my hand to knock on the door before it was flung open.

I glanced down, seeing a silver haired little girl below me with wide golden eyes; the smaller version of her Father. Thankfully she had more of her mother's personality than her father's.

"Rin!!" Izayoi screamed in excitement. She approached me with open arms, hugging my leg.

I patted her on the head, picking her up in my arms as I shut the door with my foot.

"MOMMY! I told you Rin was here!!!" Izayoi yelled.

Kagome suddenly appeared out of the corner of the entryway, her expression tense.

"Izayoi, please don't scream! I told you, your little brother is sleeping." Kagome scolded her lightly, a smile forming on her face afterwards when Izayoi pouted.

"Sorry..." Izayoi mumbled.

Kagome let out a nervous laugh as I set Izayoi down. She disappeared from my sight in a split second, sprinting off who knows where. It was a big house; sometimes I would still get lost in it.

"She gets faster by the day." I commented with a smile.

"I know! I get Inuyasha to run after her lately since I obviously can't keep up with her." Kagome said with a grin as she walked over to me.