XXIX: Vision

Sesshomaru

I was standing on the cliff's edge, overlooking the forestry laid out before me. The scenery was bright, a light breeze blowing through.

"My son."

I looked behind me for the source of the voice, only to find nothing but an impending darkness.

When I turned back around I was met with the familiar face of my Father.

I didn't say anything to him in return, narrowing my eyes instead.

"I know you are angry with me, Sesshomaru. It was never my intention to-"

"-what do you want?" I cut him off, not wanting an apology from him. I didn't want to hear his excuses for treating me poorly, for choosing to give Tetsusaiga to Inuyasha instead of me, a true, pure demon.

I made a vow right then to surpass my Father as the great dog demon.

"I have no doubt that you will."

"Stop reading my thoughts." I said, more calmly than I wanted to.

"My son, I'm here because a weapon of mass destruction has emerged from hiding."

"I will not do your bidding for you. Get Inuyasha to do it." I said.

A spark of anger crossed his eyes before he sighed, inhaling a deep breath, eyes shut in doing so. I turned on my heal, walking into the darkness that was forming faster around us. I didn't care. This was a dream and I knew I'd wake up from it any second.

"As the intelligent demon I know you to be, I assume you've heard about the Saber of the Three Worlds."

There was a shift in his tone that caused me to pause, turning back around to face him.

"I thought it was a legend." Never in this life had that saber appeared in this world, and never had any of the Gods or Goddesses emerged from their places in heaven or hell. I came to believe it as a myth.

"Do you remember that one time I disappeared for three months?"

"You left me with me with my mother. How could I forget?"

"The saber made its first appearance in this world. I went after it, killing more demons than I could imagine to get to it. But when I finally had the saber in my hands, it nearly destroyed me."

"So you were weak."

"I could not bear it the way I wanted to."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Which is why I hid it, so no demon could find it, except you. I hid it inside the Guardian of the Underworld, and when you destroyed it you set the saber free. I had hoped you would go after it, but instead, you chose the girl. Rin."

"Do not speak her name." I threatened.

"You're right. She's beyond the point. The saber had fallen into the wrong hands. I need you to take it back."