XIII: Departure

"A-un!!"

I rolled my eyes at Master Jaken's frantic yelling just outside my house.

I packed a bag full of the basic necessities and an extra pair of hakamas, double checking that I had packed a smaller bag of the herbs to put in my tea for my pain. Kagome has also insisted giving me this small bottle of 'pain killers' as she called it, and these killers were shaped like small circular discs. It looked like it could taste good, but it didn't at all. Shutting the bag, I sat up from my bed and swung it around my shoulder as I straightened one of the crutches Granny Kaede has given me. Not that I needed it essentially, since I know I'd be spending most of the journey on A-un, but it was good to have it when I needed to walk long distances. And besides, it was my right dominant leg that hurt the most, while my left still slightly hurt but the burning sensation wasn't as painful when I walked. My right leg was also the leg that Kurayi had stabbed his large talons through when he was crushing me.

Just as I took a step towards the door, not used to the heavy weight of the boot around my right ankle, it swung open to reveal a wide eyed Kagome.

"Rin! Let me carry that bag for you!"

She was suddenly behind me, tearing the bag off my shoulder before rushing out in a cloud of dust, leaving me empty handed.

I smiled, shaking my head as I followed the cloud of dust.

It was a very chaotic scene outside.

There was a hoard of laughing and screaming children as they chased each other around A-un.

Inuyasha was face planted on the ground, who knows what he did now, as one of the twins was jumping on his back.

"What the-" I started, but was interrupted when Master Jaken suddenly ran into my leg, causing the pain to jolt through and vibrate up my left leg.

"Ow." I said, trying to pull away.

"Rin! Help m-"

But he was cut off when Sango and Miroku's son, Miyatsu, ran into Master Jaken, squeezing his ears. Master Jaken shrieked, running into my right leg this time which completely threw me off balance.

I gasped as I tumbled to the side, tripping over my feet. As the two ran off, I tried to use my crutch to keep me upright but it was pointless as I felt myself falling. I didn't want to put pressure on my right leg, knowing that would result in far worse pain than I already was in.

Great.

Firm hands gripped my shoulders as they caught me from falling, straightening me back up on my feet.

"Sorry about the children." Miroku spoke in my ear.

I turned to meet his warm smile, a somber expression on his face.

I smirked. "What's with that look?" I teased.

He blinked. "Huh? What look?"

"Hehehe.." I laughed quietly to myself.

"She's right. What's with that stupid look on your face?"

I jumped slightly when Inuyasha spoke right next to me.

"What stupid look?"

"You look sad." I pointed out.

"Well, this is a sad moment. You're leaving, and we won't know when you'll come back. Its just like seeing your own daughter go off to-"

Inuyasha suddenly punched him in the head, sending him crashing into the ground.

"You idiot, blabbering a-"