XI: In Your Arms

A few hours had passed and the sun was already setting as I watched it from Kagome's huge boulder in her garden.

The pain was slowly but surely coming back. It started in my arms first, my arms only covered in bruises and minor cuts. But once I started to feel the pain in my legs, I knew they were going to be the main issue. I could walk, but moving my joints felt like pouring hot lava on my skin over and over again. Luckily, my lungs were fine, my heart suffering the least amount of damage due to my healing during the entire incident. I may be in the worst pain, and I haven't even felt the worst of it, but I needed to see Master Jaken. I missed him; I didn't realize how much I did until I found myself reminiscing on his old lectures and his annoying complaints of how Lord Sesshomaru always treated me better than him. And I needed to know how- how they got separated, and why?

Kohaku, being the incredible friend he is, was currently fetching A-un for me so I wouldn't have to walk in the condition I was in. So here I was, sitting on the boulder, watching Izayoi splash around in the little pool with Sango and Miroku's twin children.

I wondered how much life would change if I had kids.. but that thought was too far down the road for me. I never even thought of having kids until Kagome asked one day. That thought just terrified me.

A few more minutes passed with the sound of squealing children filling my ears when Kohaku finally arrived on A-un.

"UNCLE KOHAKU!" The kids screamed out in excitement.

"Thanks, Kohaku." I gave him a warm smile as he approached me.

He grinned, sweeping me in his arms gently as he helped me onto A-un, who was constantly jittery with excitement.

"What's up with you, A-un? Are you excited that Master Jaken is back too?" A-un gave me an excited sound in return.

"So where are we-"

I was cut off when A-un suddenly shot up into the sky as I held on to the reigns for my dear life.

I could hear Kohaku's laughter from below as A-un and I flew off into the sunset.

We hadn't flown that far at all before A-un suddenly dipped down, landing on top of a waterfall. If I remember correctly, this was the same waterfall in which I had found those medicinal plants for Granny Kaede...

"RIN!!" A small green demon with a long staff wobbled his way towards me.

I grinned, hopping off of A-un and running to Master Jaken. My eyes were already glassy as I knelt down to his level. I ignored the throbbing pain all over my body as I hugged my friend, my mentor.

When I  pulled away, tears were already streaming down his face as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"RINN!! I've missed you so much!! Look how old and.. and.. and beautiful you've become!!" Master Jaken choked out as he cried before me.

I gave him a warm smile as I tried my hardest to wipe away any sign of pain from my face, seeing Master Jaken cry for me only making me cry as well.

"Are you okay? Are you in pain? Kohaku told me everything you endured."

"I will be. I'm just in a lot of pain. But its nothing I can't handle." I said with a reassuring smile.