XII: A New Beginning

"You've found them?"

"Yes, my lord."

"And what of them?"

"It seems they have been... killed, by the demon."

Tatsuo laughed, shaking his head in amusement.

"Those foolish children."

A dark haired man with glinting silver eyes sat relaxed among a throne made of the bones of his victims. His wavy hair fell short below his neck as he wore a smug smirk, gazing out into the setting sun from his balcony.

His servant, covered from head to toe in a black cloak, was a mere extension of his mass power.

"Tell me, what foolish things did they do?"

"Well, sir, they still thought you were dead."

"Hmm."

"And they wanted to kill Lord Sesshomaru and his human.. companion to use their souls to bring you back."

Tatsuo's eyes widened in curiousity as his smirk widened.

"Lord Sesshomaru, eh?"

"Yes, my Lord."

"Hmm."

"What is it, sir?"

"When I happened to check up on all the trouble my idiot brother and sister got themselves into ever since my so called death, they just happen to also come across Lord Sesshomaru."

"Do you know Lord Sesshomaru, my Lord?"

Tatsuo grinned as his eyes twinkled in excitement. "Yes. I almost killed him over a year ago."

"Oh! So he was the one that tried to take your saber?"

"Yes. Now, you spoke of a human. What human?"

"Lord Sesshomaru has a female companion that your brother and sister saw as his weakness. So they abducted her in thinking that Lord Sesshomaru would come for her, and it worked."

Tatsuo's heart raced in excitement.

"A human girl, eh?"

"Yes, my lord."

"Interesting... Very interesting indeed.." And Tatsuo, in that moment, grew curious about Sesshomaru's human companion.

"Find Lord Sesshomaru's companion and watch over her. She might prove to be exactly what I meed." He said with a sinister grin

"Yes, my Lord."

-

Rin

"How are you feeling, my child?"

"I feel much better now. Thank you Granny Kaede."

Her expression lowered. "I know that Lord Sesshomaru is back, and that you'll probably take off with him as soon as possible. But I need you to take it easy for a while. These wounds... only time will heal them. Our healing abilities can't heal everything. You must be careful." She warned.

I nodded my head. "I understand."

Granny Kaede helped me up onto my feet as the tight wrapping around my torso forced me to keep my body constantly straight as a pin. Kagome had wrapped my knees tightly with bandages, my right ankle in a makeshift 'boot' - which is what it was referred as from the time she came from.