XXVIII: Anger

Rin

I was still slightly trembling from seeing that woman in the woods. Her beauty was... so unique, so intimidating. I could still feel the enormous amount of power seething from her, as she controlled the demon without even breaking a sweat. She looked like a priestess, but I knew she was way more that that...

Maybe a Goddess?

It had been a few hours since that incident, and with no villages in close proximity, or in this area at all, we were left with little Unmei to treat my bite.

I wasn't sure if the bite of that ugly demon creature was poisonous. I hoped not since I've already dealt with too much pain in a short amount of time and I didn't want to endure any more of it ever again.

Unmei had done a good job healing me and patching me up. For a ten year old girl she was incredible with her healing powers. She'd make an exceptional priestess when she'd come of age.

I still found it quite odd though that she reluctantly left with me after telling me she was practically inseparable Lady Akari. From the way Unmei had described her to me, she was like a mother to the little girl.

But I was thankful at the same time. She gave me my medicine and different times of the day so I didn't have to worry about it, and she made sure I didn't push myself too much. It felt good having another human in our mix. The last time it was like this, Kohaku was with us, back in the days when we had to fight off Naraku...

I guess you could say Tatsuo was like the new Naraku. Except Tatsuo seemed a little crazier and more in touch with his human self.

I felt the blood rush to my head all of a sudden, having to stop and lean on A-un to keep my balance, who, thank God, was walking next to me, Unmei sitting on top of him.

"Rin?" Unmei touched my head.

"I'm fine. Just a little.. dizzy. My head doesn't feel right."

"Rest on A-un." Lord Sesshomaru spoke from in front of me.

I looked up, his back to me, Master Jaken at his side. He was surprisingly silent majority of this journey ever since Unmei joined us, and it just took some getting used to.

"I'm fine. I can walk. It's just the effects from that demon. And besides, I've already rested up." I said, walking past A-un and Unmei to stand next to Lord Sesshomaru.

I gave him a sideways glance as he continued to face forward, his eyes closed in thought.

"It's dusk. We'll need to find food for you and Unmei, then rest for the night." He said, before resuming our walk forward.

I sighed, hating the distance between us, but having to tolerate it.

~

It was the night of the new moon, and the first person that came to mind was Inuyasha as I dipped my feet on the stream's edge. The water was quite warm this time of night, calming my nerves even more.

The fire was a few hundred feet from where I was. I was burning up for some reason, and just being around that fire brought back the time when I nearly died in a fire if not for Unmei; some memories I didn't want to relive.