IX: Rage

Just as Hiraki was about to release her true form upon an astonished Kagome, a dark mass loomed over them. The aura was so dark, the rage almost too overwhelming to bear. The dark mass retreated, appearing above Kagome.

Hiraki and Kurayi's eyes narrowed at the threat that had emerged. The threat that they had been expecting, but not expecting this crushing aura. It caught them off guard.

Kagome, who had stood there in fear, breathed a sigh of relief, as she felt his presence perch above her like a dark, guardian angel.

On the branch where Hiraki had once stood loomed a taller and far more intimidating figure. His long, silver hair waved in the night breeze, the silence around him deafening. 

The darkness of the moon shone on his frightening form as his golden irises glinted in pure anger, his expression strained. The sclera of his eyes were a blood red color, threatening his frightening dog demon form.

When Kagome raised her head slowly to see Lord Sesshomaru on the branch, the siblings followed her gaze as theirs fell upon his striking form.

Kurayi's eyes widened at first before he broke out into a dire grin.

"So you've come at last. Do you have any idea how long we have waited for this moment?"

Sesshomaru paid no attention to his words as he appeared before Rin's crimson drenched and broken body.

His teeth were clenched together in anger as he bent down before her, wiping strands of her hair from her face. He cupped her burning cheek, turning her face gently so she was now facing him.

Rin could sense something, someone was there, but she had lost too much blood to focus. She was still actively healing her vital organs. Thankfully she had stopped the bleeding, but the amount of blood loss was significant, and he broken bones in her arms and legs wasn't making her situation any easier as well.

He could feel her heart beat slowing, the smell of her blood only heightening his anger.

"Kagome." Lord Sesshomaru finally spoke, as he tried to conceal the storm that threatened to explode from within him.

"Yes." She was still in pure shock at this point, that he had actually come for Rin. Although she was hoping he would have shown up earlier, she was still thankful that he even showed up at all when Rin needed him most.

"Take Rin back to the village." He spoke as he released his hand from Rin's face, standing up.

Kagome, sensing the dangerously unstable condition Lord Sesshomaru was in, complied with his request as she lifted Rin up gently. Shippo came out of the shadows and transformed himself into a big ball, taking the both of them out of there.

Sesshomaru watched as they disappeared from his sight before he paid attention to the siblings;

"You." Sesshomaru spoke to the two siblings who watched him carefully, the red in his sclera only darkening, his golden irises blazing with undeniable rage.

"Took you long enough." Kurayi said with a smirk.

Sesshomaru turned around, a terrifying shadow swirling in his golden eyes.

That amount of fury seemed to catch Kurayi off guard. He had personally never met Sesshomaru before, but to see him, this angry, it intimidated him a little.

Hiraki sighed.

"Kurayi, remember when I told you you're walking on thin ice?"

"What now?"

"You've just cracked that ice, and now you are about to fall in."

Kurayi rolled his eyes. "Now is not the time for your snarky comments."