Chapter 11-Every end is a new beginning (part 4)

-I think that my job here is done,Matt Williams said.

-Thank you for everything.I want you to know that I will always consider you as a good friend,Alex said to him.

-Alex,that woman is more dangerous than you imagine.Be careful.

-Don't worry.

-You're in love with the werewolf,right?,he asked her and she smiled broadly.

-Is it that obvious?

-I see the way he looks at you.It's precious what you have.Protect it.

-Does Baltazaar know you're here?

-I didn't tell him but it was something I had to do....So...Farewell...,he said to her and hugged her.

-Goodbye.

After a while Brandon came to her.

-You did it,he said to her and held her hand.

-Together.

-I told you.We're a good team.

-Yes,we are,she answered him and smiled.

-You blushed again...

-Bad habit...

Lana coughed.

-Always discreet grandma,Alex said to her.

-My specialty,she answered.-Shall we go home sweetie?

-Let's go...what about you?What are you gonna do?,she asked Brandon.

-I think that I must speak to my father.

-You don't want to take Scar with you,do you?Because I'm really starting to getting used to him,Lana said.

-Yes I do,but until then I'll have an excuse to visit you and try your delicious cakes.

**********

So everyone left the forest and returned to their houses.They decided it was a rough day and so the celebration of the Moon would take place the following day.It was the first time after a long time that Alex was truly calm and relieved,though something inside her was warning her that it wouldn't last for much longer.The actual storm hadn't bursted out yet.And what scared her more that anything was that when it did,she wouldn't be able to protect her loved ones.She wasn't forgetting that there was someone out there who wanted to destroy them and Alex had just messed up her plan.Like a chess game,she awaited the next move.

The next day,Alex woke up with her heart lighter than a flower petal.She went quickly downstairs and found her grandma sitting pensive and drinking coffee in the living room.

-Now what?,she asked her.

-Oh,nothing.Your uncle wants to meet you,she answered and tried to look cool.

-That never turns out good for me.

-Alex,her grandma complained.

-Alright,alright,I'm kidding.Why he wants to meet?

-I don't know,he didn't say.

-Is he coming over?

-No...he wants you to go...

-Where?

-To the cemetery of the town.

-Where??,she asked again surprised.

-That's what he said.

-Right...And I wondered how long it would last...Not even a day!,she said frustrated and went to get ready.

When she walked outside the house,she saw the bright blue sky,without a single cloud,and the sun shining.As soon as she passed the iron door,she shivered.So many lost souls.Thankfully,it didn't take her long to find Joseph.When she approached him,she saw Jasmine's grave.It was filled all around with daisies and there was an inscription carved.

<<Hold my hand till the end>>

She froze.She immediately thought of Brandon.And then her uncle.He wasn't so lucky.He had found the love of his life,and lost it.

-She was the most beautiful,funny,kindhearted woman I ever met,he said to her.-And she was betrayed by her own sister.

He was talking to her with his head hang low.

-Why did you asked to see me here?,Alex asked him.

-Do you love that Brandon guy?

-More than my life,she answered straight away.

-Isn't it scary?

-A little bit.

-When you left my house,you said something to me...and I can't stop thinking about it.

-What?

-I would never want you to feel the way I do.I couldn't stand to be responsible for that.

-What does that mean?

-It means that...you two can be together...discreetly,he said.Alex hugged him tight.

And just like that,hope bursts like stardust to scatter its glimmer and light up the sky.

At night,the forest was filled with lights and voices.The five families united their powers and celebrated with all the wizards and witches.Music,dance and laughter followed.A new wind was breathing for the tribe.Alex was very happy.This was her world.She didn't feel...strange anymore. She found out late about it but it was worth the wait.

She got a message to her cell phone.When she saw it her face shined.

-Is your knight waiting for you?,Lindia teased her.

-And how do you know?

-Louis told me.

-Is there something you want to tell me?

-Perhaps....,her cousin answered and laughed.Alex gave her a deadly look.-Go,I'll cover you,she continued.

~To be continued~

Love,Alex :)