Chapter 2-The beginning after the end (part 2)

The next morning Lana was discharged and they returned home.When they arrived,they went straight to the living room.The room was bathed in sunlight and filled with the smell of the flowers they bought from the flower shop nearby.

<<This has to be done today>>,Lana thought and tried to give herself some courage.

-Sit with me,she told Alex and held her hand tenderly.

-What is going on?,she asked puzzled and sat beside her.

-I have something very important to tell you,and after what happened I can't put it off any longer,she answered seriously.-What do you know about the witches?

-You don't mean the tv show,right?

Lana laughed for a while but the pain she felt in her chest made her stop.

-No...,she answered.

-They have magic powers?...I don't know grandma...,she said confused.

-More than that...witches exist for centuries and they know things that almost no other tribe is aware of,she answered calmly.

-Tribe?And what do you mean "exist"?

Alex was even more confused now.

-Wait and you'll understand everything.Just like humans,there is good and evil in magic too. Some used their powers against others to take advantage of them and get rich.And for power,of course.They thought that because they had magic powers they could control everyone and everything.But,as I told you,there are two sides in each coin.Οther wizards saw the damage they had done with their greed and decided to stop them.Unfortunately,humans had suffered so much,that every form of magic was considered as evil,and they did everything they could to eliminate it.Since then,hundreds of wizards and witches were banished and killed.There are still quite a few left but they prefer to keep their powers hidden.One of them is me...and also... you.

Alex was looking at her shocked.

-You...?...me?But how?,she managed to mutter after a while.

Lana didn't say anything.With a wave of her hand,she lifted the bouquet of flowers and sent it into her granddaughter's arms.Alex was holding the roses flustered.Her whole life she thought herself as...normal.Without anything special.She would never have  imagined to find out something like that about her and her grandmother.It almost seemed impossible to believe.

-No!I don't have magic powers!,she answered stubbornly and left the flowers on the couch.

-You do.And very powerful too,Lana told her strictly.

She understood what her granddaughter was thinking.She knew what a special creature she was,with or without magic powers,and she wanted her to believe it too.-You are a very strong witch.Even your feelings effect the weather.

Alex looked at her with that questioning gaze that always made her melt.

- Do you remember on your tenth birthday,when you waited for your father to come?He called and told you he wouldn't come after all.You locked yourself in your room and of course the party was over.Me and Sam were standing outside the door the whole time.You were crying and a storm suddenly broke out,but you were afraid of the thunders so it rained even harder...The storm ceased only when you fell asleep.

Alex's face softened and she smiled.

-Or when you were in middle school and you wrote an A in Maths for the first -and the last- time?It was winter and the sun was shining the whole day!,Lana continued.

They both laughed.

-I remember that!,Alex said laughing and crying at the same time.

-All that,you did with your powers,Lana said seriously.