Chapter 8-And they almost lived happily ever after (part 3)

-The legend of the Lost Souls?I've never heard of it,Brandon said.

-In a small village,a young witch fell in love with a werewolf,Lana began to narrate.-They didn't know each other's true nature and they were very much in love.However,at some point,many disapearences took place in the village and people were dominated by panic and fear.Οne day,a villager found a woman dead,and a huge creature standing next to her.A wolf.The following night they all went to the forest to hunt him.When they caught him,they took him to the church.There,weak as he was,he was forced to take his human form.In the crowd there was the witch who saw that the werewolf was her loved one.He was screaming that he didn't kill her,but no one believed him.The next day,the council decided to burn the church down with him inside.The young woman couldn't bare the thought and went to set him free.

And then the ugliness of the weak human nature prevailed.Her best friend betrayed her plans out of jelousy to the villagers and they,filled with rage,set fire to the building to punish them both.The young witch,panicked,thought that at least he should be saved.With an ancient spell, she gave him her powers,so he was strong enough to free himself from his bonds.

-What about her?,Alex asked.

Brandon lowered his gaze.

-Nobody knows.They found nothing,only ashes.The legend says that they left together...they hid in the forest and never returned,Lana answered.

Alex was happy even with the possibility of them being saved.She was thinking that they didn't deserve such cruel end.She held Brandon's hand tight.

-It's getting cold.I'll go get a cardigan,she told them and left from the kitchen.

-Thank you,Brandon said to Lana.

-I know you're a good kid.Your father is the one I don't trust.Look what he did to you.He will show no mercy to my granddaughter,and I can't allow this.I am not a saint.If I have to,I will kill him,she warned him.

His eyes darkened.

-I'll find a solution.I swear,he said.

-I hope so...It will be the best for everyone,Lana answered.

*******

The spring had come and Brandon was still leaving with them secretly from Joseph.The snow was melting on the trees and slowly flowing to the ground to help a new circle of life begin. If life had a scent,it would be the smell of flowers that blossom the first days after winter.

Winter and spring...death and life...they both have such beauty...as long as you can see it,and most importantly...feel it.

A sunny April day,a shiny black car was parked outside the school.When the midday came and the final school bell rang,Brandon and Alex saw it waiting patiently outside the entrance. Brandon froze.

-What is going on?,Alex asked him when she saw the sudden change in his mood.

He walked in front of her.

-That is my father's car...,he told her with a low voice.

-What is he doing here?

-I don't know,but it's not for good,he answered.

Then,Alex did a step forward to go past him.Her eyes were filled with anger no matter how calm she wanted to seem.He grabbed her by the arm.

-What do you think you're doing?,he asked her.

-Let's see what he has to say!,she answered.

-Listen to me.You will leave.Find Sam and make sure you'll go home together,he said determined.

-Let me thing about it...No!,she answered him without hesitation.

-There is nothing to discuss here!,he interupted her.She pulled her had away and looked at him strictly.

-I will not allow to think that I'm afraid of him!,she said and moved forward.

-I don't care what he thinks right now!What I care about is your safety!,he said to her with a loud voice and since he saw that she ignored him,he followed her.

Then,they saw Leonard getting out from the back seat.He was tall,with black hair and eyes just like his son's.Alex couldn't not notice that even though they had the same beautiful glow,his eyes were cold.They didn't have the warmth and kindness she was seeing in Brandon's eyes. They looked a lot alike but that didn't make her feel more comfortable in the least.

-Alexandra Blake...we finally meet.I would like to talk to you.Alone,he said with a curtesy that seemed fake from miles away and looked at Brandon.

-There is no such chance,he answered.

-You should know that our code of honor doesn't allow us these kind of tricks against the enemy.If I wanted her dead we wouldn't be talking right now,his father told him.

His whole poise was so...aristocratic.Strict face,calm and stable voice..everything you expected to see in a Lord of the Werewolves.The complete opposite of Joseph who was fierce and short-tempered.

-I don't consider myself anyone's enemy,sir,Alex said.

Leonard laughed.

-But of course,he answered ironically.

-If you dare...,Brandon started to say.

-There is no reason to worry,she stopped him and smiled to appease him.

She felt she was getting numb inside but she knew she had to do this.She made a few steps towards Leonard and he opened the door.

-The keys,she told him.

He was surprised.Clearly displeased he gave a sign to the young man who was driving to give the car keys to Alex.As soon as she got them in her hands she passed them to Brandon.

-Forgive me,sir,but I have no reason to trust you,she continued and went into the car.

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading! <3