Chapter 9-Labyrinth (part 2)

-What happened?,Brandon asked her.

-Ehmm...excuse me?,she said to him distracted.

-With Lana...what happened?Did you talk to her?

-Yes..yes...,she answered and frowned.

-Ok...Alex...I'm starting to get worried here...she didn't agree with what you had in mind?

-She agreed.

-Great...then why you're like that?

-Like what?

-Fine...I see that you're not gonna tell me the easy way...

-Brandon?

-...Yes?

-Do you trust me?

-Of course...why do you ask?

Then she looked at him with a dark gaze that made him understand everything.It was great as it lasted but now he had to go back.

-I...I...,she started saying with a knot in her throat.

-Calm down.The truth is I expected it.

-Expected what?

-There is no point in discussing it.Tomorrow I'll leave.

-But I don't...

-You don't need any more problems.

-But you are not a problem!

-Perhaps...but I am part of the problem.

-Don't ever say that again!

-I will not allow another stupid misunderstanding separate us again.I'll be more useful at the mansion.Just...let me stay with you today and tomorrow I promise I'll go,he pleaded and she fell into his embrace.-We're getting closer my love...,he whispered and caressed her hair.

Closer to what,though?A beautiful beginning or a disastrous end which shall come to put an end to dreams that didn't even manage to take shape?The hours were slipping and right before they leave,the two women heard a knock on the door.

-I'll get it!,Alex shouted and ran to open.

And whom did she see?The last person she expected to see that moment.

-Lindia?,she said surprised.-What are you doing here?

-I had a strange vision,she answered.

She looked kind of...angry.Almost distant.

-Come inside,her cousin said.-What is going on?

-You tell me...

-What do you mean?

-Why do you want to use the spell which can take you back to my mother's trial?,she asked openly.

Alex was baffled but didn't hasitate to answer.

-Perhaps we can finally learn what happened.

-Wait a minute.Do you believe that there is even a possibility that my mother is the killer?,Lindia yelled at her.

-That's what I'm trying to find out!,she answered strictly and raised her voice.

-I trusted you!I was always by your side about Brandon and this is the way you pay me back?I can't believe this...I thought I was your friend!,she said in her rant.

Her voice was trembling and she was ready to burst into tears.She couldn't bear anymore to live with that story overshadowing her like a fog.She was broken and her cousin knew.She knew that feeling very well so there was no point in yelling being angry with her.

-But I am your friend,she said calmly and hugged her.Lindia was sobbing.Alex had never seen her like that.-Everything is going to be alright,she tried to comfort her.

Lana heard their yells and went to see what happened.

-Lindia what are you doing here?Why are you crying?,she asked and caressed her hair.

-Don't worry grandma,she answered while wiping her eyes hastily and tried to fool herself with a smile.

-Come inside and I'll get you something to drink,Alex said,went to the kitchen and made her cousin a hot beverage.-There you go,she said and left it on the table.

-Hot chocolate...you're trying to calm me down or make me fat?,she tried to joke but Alex looked at her with a concerned gaze.-I'm fine.Really,she reassured her.-Grandma explained to me everything.I'm sorry.

-Listen.I honestly believe that Jasmine didn't do the murder,but we must find proof.Solid proof that they cannot doubt.

-And how are we going to succeed that?,she wondered.

-Sometimes the truth is hiding behind details we don't pay attention to.Our emotions are stronger than our ears and eyes,Alex answered.

A whole tree begins from a tiny,single seed.

-And you didn't think that I should know too?,Lindia told them.

-For what reason?,her cousin asked her.

-It's about my mom.My mom.And as much as my father tries to hide it,there are still some wizards who believe that she killed him.As much as he's trying to shut their mouth,he can't erase the doubt from their eyes.

-I don't think it's a good idea.I don't know what we will find in front of us,Alex said concerned.

-Please...I owe it to her.

Then Alex looked at Lana.

-Fine,fine,you can come,Lana answered her.

-Let's go then,her cousin said and they headed off.

As soon as they arrived outside Elsa's house,they rang the bell.After a while,the door opened hesitantly.Elsa had her long curls caught up and was wearing a big dark blue robe.

-Lana!,she said happily.-Girls!What a pleasant surprise!

-I'm afraid that this time the reason for our visit isn't so pleasant,Alex said to her.

-Why is that?

-We need your help,Lana explained to her.

Elsa understood that something serious must have led them there and so her smile quickly faded from her lips.

-Come inside,she said.

In a short time,they explained to her about the attack the wolves were preparing the night of the celebration and told her about Alex's plan.

-Τhey're despicable!Joseph was right about their secret meetings,Elsa said.

-When we first met,you promised you would support me no matter what happens.So?Will you let us use the Book?

-Are you sure?

-Yes,she said determined.

-Your uncle will be furious...,she said while making a few steps pensive.-Alright,follow me,she answered.

~To be continued~

Don't forget to smile :)

Love,

Alex.