Chapter 6-Everything brought to light (part 3)

During the entire jouney Alex didn't say a word.She even avoided to look at him.Τhe black car stopped quite a long time after it passed by an endless forest with its majestic trees protecting it, when it reached to a big house that seemed almost like a castle from the old times.It was isolated,away from the town and close to the edge of the forest.It looked like a fort to Alex.She got out,closed the door with anger and moved on to the car boot.

-Your room must be ready by now,Joseph said and gave her her suitcase.

-Perfect.My own personal prison awaits me,she answered ironically and walked to the door.

The door opened widely out of nowhere and Lindia ran to her and hugged her.

-Alex!It's been so long!I'm so happy!,she told her.She couldn't hold back her enthousiasm.

Alex got scared at first and didn't know how to react.

-Here is my daughter...I don't know if you remember her...,Joseph started saying.

-Lindia!I can't believe it!How much you've changed!,Alex said surpised,ignoring him,and hugged her cousin once again.

-We have so much to say!,Lindia said and pulled her by the hand filled with impatience.

So,the two girls went inside the house,leaving Joseph behind.First,they went upstairs to show Alex her room.

-I was in charge of the decoration.I hope you like it!,Lindia said proudly.

-Thank you very much.It's beautiful,Alex answered and let her stuff on the wooden bed with the violet sheets.

She sat on the soft mattress and her gaze fell upon Brandon's bracelet she was wearing on her wrist.She tried to hide her sorrow,but her cousin knew right away.

-Whatever you need I'm here for you,you know that,right?,she said to her.

Her big,understanding eyes,made Alex feel a little better.She nodded and tried to smile.

-I'll let you rest now.We'll talk tomorrow.My room is right across the hall if you need anything, Lindia continued and walked to the open door.

-Lindia...I truly thank you...Goodnight,Alex answered.

-Sweet dreams...,her cousin said and closed the door.

<<Sweet dreams>>,Alex thought,<<I wish it was that easy>>

Joseph was walking on the hall,towards Alex's room in order to talk to her,when he came across his daughter.

-Νot tonight.Let her calm down,she told him and went to her room.

He held the knod of the door hesitantly but then regretted it and left.He remembered his sister,Alex's mother.When they were kids,every time she was mad at him or she was sad,she used to lock herself in her room and refused to talk to him.

<<You always find a way to mess with me.Your daughter is as stubborn as you.>>,he thought and went to his office.

Alex took off of her bag the box that Brandon had given her and put it on the nightstand.With loneliness taking over her once again,she was praying for that cold night to pass quickly.Though this time it was different.She was feeling anger.The icy cold wind was blowing with rage whizing as it was passing through the windows.She wrapped up with a blanket and curled up in her bed trying to sleep.

Away from there,Brandon was walking slowly inside the huge living room of the mansion.The crystal chandelier was lighting up dimly towards the strong fire of the fireplace.In front of the fireplace,his father was sitting at an armchair.He was staring at the flames,almost hypnotised.