Chapter 3-The first lightning (part 1)

Since the day Alex found out she is a witch,the week before the first day at school passed by very quickly.Between school books and books about magic,time flowed like water.She wanted to learn everything about the world that had been opened so unexpectedly in front of her.Spells, potions...there were so many things she had to learn.But she knew it wasn't all bright.There was a very dark side in this she just couldn't ignore...and she shouldn't.It's amazing how quickly you can loose yourself,forget who you are,if you are not careful.

Magic could might as well be the reason her mother was killed.Perhaps the people of the town discovered she was a witch and killed her...perhaps,perhaps,perhaps!Nothing was clear and that was driving her crazy.Her grandma never told her how her mum died.She always avoided that subject and Alex thought it just hurt her too much to talk about it...even after all these years.She was oblivious to so many things.Why her father disappeared,why her uncle was the way he was...And she just couldn't stop thinking that people considered them monsters...so she was a monster?A freak of nature that had to be eliminated?And not just her,but all the magical creatures she was so desperate to meet.

She was thinking of all that when she realised it was morning already.The bells of the church nearby were chiming.She was standing at her window,looking sneakily behind the curtains at the people  attending at the morning prayers,when the door opened and the first thing that stuck out was Lana's blonde hair and then her face,as she was trying to see if Alex was asleep. When she didn't find her at her bed,she went through and saw her standing sceptical by the window.

-Ι felt so much agony,I just couldn't go back to sleep,Lana said and walked towards her.

-I don't think I can get used to your gift!Ι can't hide anything from you!,Alex said teased.

-You can't either way,she said smiling and hugged her.

But she saw the clouds in her granddaughter's eyes,while she was watching the humans walk down the street.

-Will they kick us out if they find out what we are?,Alex asked her kind of glum.

-Honey,no matter what happens I swear I won't let anyone hurt you,she answered tenderly and caressed her hair.-Let's go!I want to show you something!,she continued excitedly,trying to change her granddaughter's mood.

She led her to her room holding her hand.

-I'm sure you'll love it!,she said with a quiet voice,filled with impatience,as she was opening the drawer of the nightstand next to her bed.At the back,there was a small box well hidden.She took it out carefully and opened it.Inside,there was a beautiful necklace with two stars.One bigger and one smaller linked by a delicate chain.-This necklace was your mother's,her grandma said moved.

-Is this the one you were telling me?,Alex said surprised and took it in her hands.

-Yes.And it will become yours on your birthday.The stars represent the old and the new generation.They are always united and learn from each other.The day you'll give it to your kid is not far away.

Alex looked at her baffled.

-Me and my big mouth...,Lana argued herself.-Anyhow...Alexandra.Promise me you'll be very careful at school,she continued seriously and looked at her deeply in the eyes.

-But you didn't explain to me what is going on.You told me to stay away from the werewolf that is going to come to my school and about a stupid war between our tribes, she said waving her hands back and forth from frustration.

-It's not stupid.I need you to promise me that you will stay away from him.Werewolves can be extremely dangerous,Lana said strictly.She wasn't joking about this.

-But grandma...,Alex complained.

-Promise me!,she yelled.

-Ok,she sighed.

-Thank you,she answered clearly calmer.

Her face softened and she was herself again.She touched her granddaughter's cheek and after she apologized she took the necklace back and put it back in its place.

Alex couldn't understand what was it that made her grandma so absolute.And also,she didn't know what happened between the tribes that made them hate each other so much.As it was expected,no one was talking and naturally she tried to find out but reached a dead end.For the one thing she was certain of is that something very serious had happened.

The rest of the day passed calmly,and she went early to bed at night to be ready for school.She was nervous because it was her last year.But it wasn't just that.How on earth she could recognise a werewolf?It's not like it's written on their forehead.After a long time she decided it was finally time to stop thinking.As soon as she managed that it didn't take her long to fall asleep.

Τhe next day,after she spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out what she would wear to end up to her favourite pair of jeans and a t-shirt,she realised she was going to be late      -again- ,so she ran down the stairs to quickly say good morning to her grandma.When she opened the door she heard Lana saying from inside:

-Alex,remember...

-Yes,I know,I know...stay away from the bad wolf,she interrupted her annoyed and closed the door.

~To be continued~

Chapter 3 is going to be a looong one!Thank you so much for reading and have a lovely day!! <3