Chapter 8-And they almost lived happily ever after (part 6)

-Ι know your place,just as well as I know mine...it would be my honour to consider me your friend,Mark answered.

-Thank you.

-Leonard is furious with you,he said then and looked at Alex.

-I know.What I also know is that you want this war to end as much as I do,Brandon answered.

-Yes.That conflict has cost too much to all of us.And my parents were the first ones who paid the price,he answered.-How can I help you?,he asked after a few seconds of thinking.

-I want to know what happened while I was away,Brandon said,but noticed that Mark hesitated. -Mark,please!,he yelled.

-Can I trust her?

Alex turned red from anger.

Why don't you ask me then!No,you can't!And you know why?Because I can kill you with just a wave of my hand.And I can't trust you because you can turn me to pieces right here!That's how you want to go on with this?,she answered irritated.

However,he was still looking at her with disbelief.

-Very well...The wizards wait for next full moon to attack after the hunt,when we'll be weak.But we will attack first.

-When?,Brandon asked immediately.

-In three days.They didn't say anything else.

-Three days...,Alex thought out loud.-So soon...,and then,she remembered.-The meeting in the forest!That's it!,she told them.

-You must act quickly.Time is not on your side.If you want to do something,do it before it's too late,Mark added.

-We must go now,Brandon said.-Mark,I will be forever grateful.Scar,let's go!

So they left for Lana's house.There was a strange silence between them.As they were walking,Alex paused and went into an alley.She closed her eyes,touched her hand on the wall and took a few deep breaths.Brandon followed her.

-What happened to you?

-Let's leave.Now.They don't ever have to know where we went.Let's just vanish!,she told him and hugged him.

Everything seemed so...real.He smiled.

-Is that what you truly want?.he asked her.

She left his embrace and lowered her gaze.

-No,she answered.

-I understand.I feel the same way,but there are people here who love us and need us.

-I'm a coward.I'm afraid,she admitted.

-That doesn't make you a coward.It makes you human.My Alex is strong and smart.

-And a little stubborn...,she added and smiled.

- A lot stubborn and headstrong,he answered and gave her a sweet kiss.

-Shall we go home?,she told him.

She was obviously calmer.It was a day filled with ups and downs and tension.

-Let's go.

Brandon had a strange influence on her.He had the ability to calm her and infuriate her just as easy.To make her strong but so weak at the same time.How strange love is.You can meet a thousand miracles in your life,but nothing can awe you as much.How beautiful it makes humans to the eyes of the soul.

*******

When they arrived,they found Lana waiting for them.They didn't manage to even open the door,when Scar barged inside filled with joy.

-What is that?,her grandma asked.

-Certainly not a monkey!,Alex answered and Brandon bursted out laughing.

-I can see that miss,but what is it doing here?And you young man stop laughing!

-He is still small and needs my care,Brandon explained to her.

-Small?But he is huge!,she complained.

-Please...it would mean a lot to me,he pleaded.

-Fine,fine...Come on my boy,let's go get you some food and water,Lana said and Scar followed her with no hesitation.

-It's unbelievable!How comes it that she listens to you and not me?,Alex complained.

-Who knows...perhaps you're not the only one who can put a spell,he answered with an ostensibly enigmatic and mysterious look and she pushed him.-I'm sure that these two will get along just fine,he told her after.

-I hope so...

Time was running out.There was no room for words anymore.The time had come to act.They would either find a solution or the end was near.Just a breath away.

~To be continued~

*That was the end of Chapter 8*

We've reached 308 reads!!Woohoo!!Thank you so much!!

Kisses and lots of hugs,

Alex <3