Chapter 6-Everything brought to light (part 6)

A beautiful morning three days later,Alex heard a loud noise from Lindia's room.Like something had broken.She knocked at the door,and after she heard an irritated "Come in",she went inside. She saw the glass of her window broken and a rock on the floor.Lindia was walking up and down furious.You could almost see the smoke coming out of her ears.

-When you said that this Louis guy would "signal" to me I don't think you ment he would break my window!,she said to Alex.

-I'm so sorry...I did not expect that...,she said ready to burst οut laughing.She was barely holding herself.

-Don't laugh!That rock could have injured me deadly,I hope you realise that!,her cousin joked too,clearly more relaxed.

Alex coughed trying to get serious.

-Of course,I realise that.Please,let me handle this,she answered and concentrate her gaze to the broken glasses which were scattered all over the floor.With a wave of her hand all the pieces were gathered up in the air.Another wave and they went to the window where each one took its place. Until you blink,it was like nothing had ever happened.

-Impressive...Do excuse me now but I must thank that smartass personally,Lindia said and headed to the forest ready for a fight.

Thankfully,her father was away for many hours every day lately.That's what she was thinking while she was walking.If he found out what she was doing right now,she would be in huge trouble.

-Finally miss,a voice was heard saying.

She turned around and didn't see anyone.She looked to the right,to the left,nothing.Suddenly, Louis jumped out of a tree and landed in front of her.She remained calm,but inside she felt the earth disappearing under her feet.Louis,charming as always,with his blond hair unkempt and his eyes glowing in the sunlight.

-I'm sorry for the delay but the broken window in my room is responsible for that.I imagine you have something to do with this,don't you?,she answered nervously.He smiled.

-I must humbly apologize.Ι didn't estimate the distance correctly,he answered with an ironic courtesy that irritated her even more.

-Next time,I would suggest you to be more careful,she pointed out to him.

Louis looked at her in an investigative way.No girl had ever talked to him like that.They were all melting in front of him.She was different.

-Otherwise?,he continued the little game.

-Otherwise what?

-What will you do?,he challenged her.

-I can assure you,my friend,that you do not want to see me get angry,she warned him.

-I,on the other hand,would really much like to try,he answered and smiled.

-Are you always that funny?,she mocked him.

-Are you always that spastic?

-Υοu know what?I would really like to keep this going,but I don't have time.

-Why?Is your tea getting cold?

-Εnough.You have a message for my cousin?,she stopped him.

-Yes.In fact,I have a letter,he answered,took the letter out of his pocket and gave it to her.

-Letter?In what century they think we live in?Love has hit them straight to the head!,Lindia made fun of them.

Even though,deep inside,she was finding it terribly romantic,she was a little bit cynical as to how long love can last.

-Don't ask me.I'm a vampire,I've lived many years.

-Unbelievable!Vampires,werewolves...I feel like I'm suddenly in Twilight!,she answered frustrated.

She never expected in any case a vampire to be friends with a werewolf.It was against their nature.

-Said the witch...,Louis teased her.

She laughed ironically,turned her back at him showily and left.

-Glad to meet you,too...you're so kind...,he yelled at her while watching her distance.-That went well...,he said to himself and smiled widely.Then,he took the road back to town.

Αlex was pacing around the room,waiting in suspense for Brandon's message.She heard the door open.

-So?,she asked.She couldn't hide her nervousness.

-Don't ask me,I'm a vampire,I've lived many years and I'm a huge peacock!,Lindia was mocking him,mumbling angrily.

-What?,her cousin asked her baffled.Her words confused her.

-He is rude,arrogant,pretentious...,Lindia was yelling.

-...And very handsome,Alex stopped her,smiling slyly when she understood.

-And handsome,she repeated in her confusion,but when she realised she turned red from embarrassment.-Wait,what?No!Of course not!!,she answered angry.

-Are you sure?,Alex asked her.She found her behaviour very suspicious.

-Here's your letter!,Lindia answered abruptly to avoid her question and gave her the letter.

Alex grabbed it and read rashly.

<<My dear,

I spent hours thinking how to start this letter and what should I write,but no matter what I write is not enough to desribe my feelings for you.Every night,you come to my dreams and soften the pain of your absence.

Things are bad here.Headmen from all around the world came to state their submission to my father.Them and their packs are ready to unite with us.They're getting ready.I can feel it.I don't know where this situation might lead.I will let you know as soon as I learn anything.

You must be very careful,especially you.Be prepared for everything.The forest is very dangerous these days.

Yours forever,Brandon.

P.s. Trust no one.Only your instinct.>>

His words were filled with anguish.However,Alex wasn't afraid about herself,but for Lana.She wouldn't be safe in the city with all these wolves gathered lurking.She folded the paper and put it in the box he had given her.

-What is going on?,Lindia asked when she saw her cousin thinking.

-We must call grandma immediately!,Alex answered,and the two girls went quickly to Joseph's office to call Lana.

Alex explained to her what is going on and begged her to come and live with them,so that nothing would happen to her,but Lana was refusing stubbornly to leave her house.

She told her granddaughter that the witches were hiding for too long,with fear inside their hearts,and it was time for it to stop.

What Alex didn't know though,and Lana believed she didn't have to,was that she had to stay to control the situation.She had no choice.She was Joseph's eyes and ears in town and she didn't want Alex to believe that she was risking her life because of him.Things were already difficult between them.They didn't need another reason to argue.

At the same time,inside a secret den hidden in the ground,wizards were having a council and discussing worried.

~To be continue~

Have a lovely day!! <3