Right Here

By dixongrimestrash on Tumblr

You

Are

It.

Your heart stopped. Negan, the devil himself was standing over Daryl pointing a barbed wire bat in his face.

“Anyone moves, anybody says anything cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father.”

No, no not Daryl. This couldn’t be happening. You were suppose to have a future together. Get married, have kids.

“You can breath, you can blink, you can cry hell you are all gonna be doing that.”

Negan raised the bat and the only thing heard were your screams. The bat came down crashing onto Daryl’s skull.

Suddenly you jolted awake. Your breathing was rapid and sweat was masked on your forehead.

You looked and saw Daryl sound asleep beside you.

It was just a dream.

Your hands were shaking and you timidly pushed some hair out of Daryl’s face.

Tears started to spring into your eyes and you covered your mouth. Your heart was beating out of your chest and you got up quickly walking into the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

You walked over to the sink and looked at yourself in the mirror. Tiredness was written all over your face. Ever since you had got Daryl back you were scared to loose him again. You stayed with him at the hilltop until Rick was ready to fight the saviors.

A knock at the door made you jump slightly, “Y/N? You in there?” Daryl asked.

“Uh, yeah just give me a sec.” You said back wiping the tears away.

You opened the door and walked past Daryl avoiding eye contact. You got back in bed and turned on your side away from Daryl.

You felt the bed dip and Daryl rubbed his hand up and down your arm.

“You alrigh?” He mumbled sleep evident in his voice.

You didn’t answer just turned to him. He noticed how you had been crying and his eyes softened caressing your cheek.

“Why ya cryin?” He asked studying your facial features.

“It was you. That night, he killed you.”

“It was jus'a dream Y/N.” Daryl said propping himself up using his elbow, his other hand on your waist.

“But it felt real. Ever since I got you back, I’ve just felt like I’ve been holding my breath waiting for you to be taken away again. I’m so scared.” You whispered trying to hold your sobs back.

Daryl felt your pain, seeing you like this hurt worse then anything in the world. Daryl fell in love with you because you saw the light in every situation. In the darkest of times you were the one who brought everyone into the light. It broke his heart seeing you in pain. He wanted to just take it away.

“I don’t wanna loose you.”

“You won’t.” Daryl said. “I ain’t goin anywhere.”

You gave him a small nod, Daryl leaned down planting a kiss on your lips. Your heart fluttered and you smiled into the kiss.

“There she is.” Daryl smiled pulling back. Seeing your smile was by far Daryl’s favorite thing in the entire world.

“Kiss me again.” You whispered grabbing the black shirt he was wearing and pulling him toward you.

Your lips moving in sync with his made you forget about your dream and all the dangers of the outside world. All that mattered was this moment right now.