Nineteen

By thewritterdead on Tumblr

You watched how the trucks drove through the gates, entering the community. Three days had passed since the murders that Negan forced you to witness, and now they were coming to collect what was supposedly theirs. You rolled your eyes but stopped before you could see the back of your head. You hated them, the only good thing was that you were finally going to see Daryl. Negan had taken him that night, and it had been torture for you being away from him, especially because you couldn't help but imagine the horrible things that those people were doing to him. And when you finally saw him, the bruises and wounds on his face confirmed your fears.

Daryl and you had been dating for a few months now, and even if he was a little older than you, you felt like he was your soulmate. Although, the age difference was something he had always felt insecure about, that's why you always had to remind him how much you loved him.

You ran out of your house and went towards the place where the Saviours were parking their trucks. Daryl was standing apart from them, closer to Negan, but he wasn't moving much or saying anything at all. You felt terrible when you saw him there, he looked so broken there, you needed to go to him and remind him that he wasn't alone.

"Daryl", you called, getting closer to him, but Negan interrupted you.

"Stay away from him", he commanded sternly. "He's the help, he doesn't speak."

You gave him a deadly look, you wanted to punch him int he throat right there for keeping you away from Daryl, but you just took a deep breath and looked back at Daryl.

"He's hurt", you told Negan.

"He'll be fine", he looked down at you, with a smirk that you could barely even see but that was as smug as it could be.

You took one last look at Daryl and walked back to your house.

The Saviours proceeded to search the houses on Negan's orders, they claimed they took half of everything but sometimes they grabbed more than they left behind.

You sat at the porch of the house, staring at Daryl as he stood in the middle of the street, waiting for Negan to tell him what to do. There weren't any Saviours around, and Negan was inside the pantry with Rick and Olivia, so you figured that no one would notice if you talked to Daryl for a second.

"Daryl", you whispered as you placed your hand on his shoulder. He jumped when he saw you and his eyes went wide open. "It's okay, he's not around."

"(Y/N)", he mumbled and sighed in relief. You smiled at the sound of his voice pronouncing your name.

"I'm sorry that you have to be there", you murmured as you brushed a strand of hair away from his face. He didn't say anything, but he repeated the gesture on you.

He stared at your face; your skin was smooth and unblemished, so soft for being so young, much younger than him. He felt so bad for being the reason for that frown on your face and that sad expression on your lips.

You were about to lean over to kiss him, but the loud sound of Negan's voice made you jolt back.

"I thought I told you to stay away, darling", he said, he sounded angry but there was a twinge of sneer in his voice.

You turned around and found him walking towards you with Rick almost jogging as he tried to keep up behind him.

"What is it with you anyway?", he asked as he looked between Daryl and you. "You don't seem like friends."

You scoffed, and Negan walked closer to Daryl.

"You'd be too young to be her dad", he rubbed his stubble. "And you look nothing alike."

He chuckled when he thought of something, and he looked between the two of you.

"Wait a minute", he laughed again. "Are you... Are you together?"

You didn't answer his question, you simply looked down and Daryl did the same.

"Oh, my goodness", Negan barked out a laugh. "Well, fuck."

After he finished laughing, he set his eyes on you.

"How old are you, sweetheart?"

"Nineteen", you answered reluctantly.

"You fucking dog!", he exclaimed as he turned to look at Daryl. "I haven't fucked a nineteen year old girl since... Fuck, since I was like sixteen."

You rolled your eyes as he smirked down at you. You knew how insecure Daryl was about that subject, so you didn't want Negan to keep teasing him.

"Can I have a moment with him, please?", you asked Negan, and he arched an eyebrow at your request. "You're gonna take him back anyway, why can't you just let me be alone with him for a minute?"

Negan seemed impressed by your determination and spunk, so after thinking about it for a moment and finally nodded.

"Just one minute", he said and walked away.

"Listen-", you started saying but Daryl cut you off.

"He's right", he said. "I'm too old for you."

"I don't think that's really what he s-"

"Why are you even with me?", he asked aggressively. "You should be with someone your age, that's not locked in a cell like a fucking prisoner."

"What are you talking about?", you were getting mad at his words. "Daryl, we've talked about this."

"Yeah, and we agree that I'm too old for you", he told you. "I mean, you're a fucking kid."

"I'm not", you said. "And you know that I hate it when people say that."

"Well, you are."

"I'm not!", you yelled at him. "And why are you even listening to someone like Negan?"

"'Cause he's right", he told you.

"No", you shook your head and took a step closer to him. "Daryl, I love you just the way you are. You know that."

You held his face between your hands and kissed him, you felt how he became less tense than he had been but you knew he was still unsure.

"I don't think you're old", you murmured. "I mean, you are, but that's just the way I like you."

He chuckled and pushed you playfully.

"We shouldn't spend our last seconds together fighting", you said in a sad voice, knowing that he would be gone in a few minutes, and he nodded.

"Come here then", he pulled you closer and kissed you again.