Lets Get To It

By awwwtwd on Tumblr

"You sure this place has any supplies?" You asked.

"Yeah, last time we visited we couldn't carry everything so we left some stuff in there. We just gotta find it is all." Daryl grunted.

"Fun." You replied sarcastically. "Well no point in stalling, let's get to it."

The two of you walked to the door of the supermarket. You stood right next to the door, your knife in hand.

"Let me go first." Daryl spoke out right before you opened the door.

You smirked. "Don't think I can handle myself?"

Daryl flushed a little "n-n... I-I..."

"C'mon, let's stop messing about." You pushed open the door slowly and glanced around. It was fairly light inside so you didn't need a flashlight. "All clear."

Daryl walked behind you, he watched the way you cautiously proceeded with expertise. He then nervously glanced away once he realized he was staring.

"Wow, you guys really cleared this place out." You glanced around at all the empty shelves.

"Yeah, well that was the job."

"Right."

"The rest of the stuff should be back here." Daryl grunted.

The two of you headed to the back of the store.

"Wow, there's a lot back here." You grinned at Daryl. "Maybe we should split up."

"Split up?" Daryl asked. "You sure?"

"I thought we covered this before, Daryl."

"Yeah, yeah, you can handle yourself." Daryl paused and then looked at the ground. "I just don't want you to get hurt, is all."

You smiled and touched his cheek. He flushed and shied away from your touch. "You're sweet, but you really don't need to worry. I know what I'm doing." Your smile slowly fell off your face and your expression changed to a serious one. "How about you take this side and I take the other." Daryl nodded. "Don't take anything we don't need just yet, we can go back and take the rest of it if we have enough space."

Daryl started walking in the direction you had told him to go. He turned back around and glanced at your figure walking away. He sighed, he didn't understand what it was about you that got under his skin, in the best way. He didn't understand why he cared about you so much. Once you turned the corner and disappeared from Daryl's sight he turned around and kept walking.

He walked for a bit before finding some of the stuff that they needed. As he grabbed the stuff he started to think.

He thought about you, like always. His feelings started with, just plain admiration. He admired the way you always walked confidence, the way you were so sure about yourself, and of course he admired how skilled you were. The more time he spent with you though, the more he felt another very strong feeling, but this was one he had never felt before.

He told Carol about it and she told him that he had a crush on you. Daryl instantly denied it, which of course gave Carol more cause to believe it was true. And the more time Daryl spent with you the more he had cause to believe it.

"Watch out." You warned. Daryl whirled around to see you stabbing a walker in the head that was right behind him.

It took him a few seconds to process what had happened, but when he did he muttered. "Thanks."

"I deserve more than a thanks, I just saved your ass."

"l think we've all done that for each other at least once."

"Well, I still think I deserve a reward."

Daryl sighed. "All right, what do you want."

You thought for a second, before smirking. "A kiss on the cheek."

Daryl flushed a bright red. He froze for a second, trying to process what you just said. "Wh-what?"

You just smirked and tapped your cheek.

Daryl cleared his throat and shuffled his feet, his face turning a deeper shade of red. He the leaned down and quickly kissed (Y/N) on the cheek. He then quickly turned away.

(Y/N) chuckled, "That wasn't so bad was it?"

Daryl just muttered to himself.

"How'd you not notice him?" You gestured to the dead walker on the ground. "He was being real loud."

"I was thinking." Daryl muttered.

"About what?"

"None of your business."

You chuckled. "Anyway, Get anything good?"

"Found a few things, you?"

"Me too."

"All Right, we should head back to the car now."

The two of you packed up and then walked back to the car. Then you loaded the scavenged supplies into a trunk. Daryl opened up the door and got into the drivers seat. You opened up your own door and glanced around. You spotted a kids toy store a few blocks away.

"Hey Daryl?"

He glanced up at you.

You pointed at the toy store. "We should look in there."

"You want a toy?" He teased.

"For Judith, jackass."

Daryl paused and sighed, before getting out of the car. "Alright."

The two of you walked towards the store. Once you reached it you extended your arm to stop Daryl.

"You better get behind me princess, you wouldn't want to chip a nail." You smirked and he rolled his eyes.

You then pushed the door open only to see about ten walkers. Thank god they didn't notice you. You quietly closed the door.

"Okay, let's go back now."

"No, I'm not giving up that easily. I'm going in."

"It's not safe." Daryl protested.

"Nothing's safe these days, didn't you get the memo? Plus it's only ten, we've taken on more than that."

"Wait-" But she already opened the door and walked in. Daryl paused before muttering. "I swear if ya get me killed..." And walking in after you.

The two of you polished them all off pretty quickly. You smirked once you stabbed the last one. "See? What'd I say? Piece of cake."

"Yeah, Yeah. Just pick a toy so we can leave."

You chose a really cute teddy bear and the two of you headed back to the car. "Wanna put that in the trunk?" Daryl asked while gesturing towards the trunk.

"No, I think I'll keep it up here with me." You hugged it close to your chest and Daryl smirked, and the two of you got into the car. The drive was mostly silent, but Daryl kept glancing at you. He couldn't help but admire how pretty you looked.

Once you got back to the prison, you dropped off the supplies at the prison. Everyone came rushing over and greeted you, and once everyone had cleared and started looking through the supplies you turned back around to Daryl.

"Hey, I had a lot of fun today." You said.

"Me too..." He paused. "I guess."

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you have a reputation to uphold." You teased and Daryl rolled his eyes. "Well I hope this won't ruin it for you."

"What?" Asked Daryl, before you leaned in and hugged him. Daryl stayed frozen for the whole hug, too shocked to respond. You then let go of him, smirked and walked away.

A flustered Daryl glanced at Carol, who was smirking. Daryl just rolled his eyes. He couldn't understand how just one girl had such a big affect on him.