In Your Eyes

By formylovetodaryldixon on Tumblr

With just a candle on the night table, Daryl was lying down on the bed of blue blankets in the middle of the room of white walls, and you sitting there. It was small but cozy, with a grey carpet that covered the entire place, a desk in front of you and a window behind it that let you watch the night landscape of trees, houses, and fake realities. The apocalypse took your family, your friends, your normal life, and the simplest fears that people used to have in the old world; Alexandria took your guns, and you feared that they might take your courage too.

“Hey…” Daryl said softly, his hand caressing your back. “Come here.”

But you were just tired, hoping that it was only physically, and you lay down on the bed next to him, with his arm as a pillow and his blue eyes as a reminder that no matter what happened, everything would be fine as long as you were together. He looked at you in a calm and deep way, with eyes that could tell everything because he wasn’t good at talking.  

“I’m just tired.”

You closed your eyes, feeling that his blue eyes were still on you, looking at you with adoration, just the same way he always did. He pushed your hair behind your ear, admiring your strength, your beauty and the way only you could make him feel like a person. He was shy beyond his hard being, clumsy to express his feeling beyond his easy way to respond to whoever offended him and you. He exposed himself to you as a true person, good and bad, but you loved him sincerely.

Daryl leaned forward and kissed your lips softly, and then he pulled away a little, watching you open your eyes as you held a soft smile.

“What was that for?”

Daryl looked at you.

“Cause I wanted to.”

Daryl got up on his elbow and he kissed you again. You took his face on your hands, pulling him closer, and he kissed your parted lips to then slide his tongue inside your mouth. You two had hot, deep kisses before, but the candle on the table wrapped you both in a private, warm place. The union, the friendship, and the trust you had in each other since the beginning what was led you to get marry, to seal the commitment that existed between you two from the moment you met, but  you hadn’t made love yet. Not in the middle of a cold world that never gave you the chance to do it. He wanted to be special for you.

His hand slid under your t-shirt, stroking your soft skin with cold finger that made you shiver.  

And he pulled away.

“Is that okay?” He whispered.

“It’s okay, it’s just…”  You bit your lips. “Tara and Carol are in the other rooms.”

He frowned in confusion.

“So?”

“I don’t want them to hear us.”

For your surprise, Daryl chuckled. He wasn’t used to doing that, but when he did, his eyes became soft, and he started kissing you behind your ear.

“What if they hear ya moanin’ ma name? What if they hear ya beggin’ for more?”

Daryl removed his arm under you and moved to be on top of you, but without touching your body.

“What?” You chuckled, just to pretend his eyes didn’t have an effect on you.

“I love ya.” He said, and his words took you off guard while leaned down to kiss your neck with his warm mouth. “And I’m gonna make love to ya, sunshine.”

You could feel the knot in your stomach and the tingle in between your legs when he lowered to the level of your belly. His hot breath made you hold your breath as his beard tickled your skin when he started kissing you. His hands slid over your back, pushing you up slightly. His timid personality disappeared like a shadow at night, leaving only the strong hunter that touched you gently. And that night, you gave him everything without any regrets.