Choose Someone Else

By imaginefan on Tumblr

It had been a few weeks since the group had found you, you were 16 years old and had been alone for most of the time after the out break, you had no idea if you would ever see anyone again but you ended up finding the group, you were raiding one of the same places that they were and when Rick and Daryl spotted you, they decided that they couldn’t leave you alone out there.

You immediately grew close to Daryl who was not at all comfortable with the newly found responsibility, he didn’t think that he would be able to keep you safe the way that the others were and he was constantly telling you to go find someone else to be friends with but as stubborn as you were you refused and within the last few weeks Daryl had gotten used to having you around and when he got back from runs he was always looking for you to make sure that you were okay, soon he started to take you out on hunts where he found out that your Dad was a hunter and that he taught you how to track, how to shoot and that was probably the only reason that you were still alive now.

“Hey, Kid!” Daryl called from his place where he was sitting on the porch of his house in Alexandria.
“You know I have a name right?” You asked flopping your head back to look at him, you view of him upside down because of it.
“I know.” He smirked gesturing for you to come over and you rolled your eyes before walking over to him and sitting next to him.
“What’s goin’ on with you and that other kid?” He asked and you looked over at Ron the boy that you had been speaking to hand.
“Nothing.” You answered honestly. “I don’t trust him.” 
“Why’s that?” He asked.
“Reminds me of someone I used to know.” You answered, Daryl, looked at you but didn’t question you further, you had both grown closer but you guys never really forced the sharing.

A few weeks later Alexandria was attacked and while everyone was watching out for themselves you tried to make sure that as many people as possible made it inside safely, Carol was making sure that you didn’t end up getting hurt at all. Daryl rushed back to find you. “Hey! (Y/N)!” Daryl called as they walked into the house. 
“What?” You asked walking into the hall he sighed.
“Are you okay?” You asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” You answered smirking.
“What?” He asked.
“That was the first time that you didn’t call me kid."You answered and he just rolled your eyes.