Scars

By onlydarylnormanfic on Tumblr

You opened your eyes and squinted at the early morning sun as it hit them, waking you from your slumber. Your right hand was laying on Daryl’s clothed chest, rising and falling with his breathing. You looked over at Daryl who was still sound asleep and smiled to yourself, he was absolutely beautiful and you loved everything about him.

You two had only been together for a short time. He had found you in the woods running from a herd, the one that took you brother; the only family you had left in this world. Daryl found you and you two hid in a cabin nearby while they wandered through. You were scared to death of him at first, knowing what kind of man survived in this world. But, he was nothing but, calm and protective of you.

He brought you back to his gated community, Alexandria. You were asked the three questions and managed to pass and here you were, a new home with people who actually seems to care about each other. Daryl watched over you faithfully as you let the loss of your brother and your world wash over you, the first few months you were there.

He didn’t let nearly anyone talk to you the first few days, just let you rest in his house, in an extra bedroom he had. He fed you and brought you new clothes, letting you use the shower to clean yourself for the first time in one seemed like years. He had even gone to the trouble of setting up a razor and tampons in the bathroom, just in case you needed them. Along with soap, shampoo, and conditioner he had found for you. By the looks of it the night you got there all he used was a basic bar of white soap that hung from a string on the facet handle.

You traced your finger up and down his clothed chest, thinking about all the times he had helped you. Not only did he save you from certain death, he also took care of you in ways no other man ever had, except for your family. Your eyes traveled down as you remembered your mom and dad shouting to you and your brother to run after the first attacks began. Your brother had managed to keep you safe until that herd showed up out of nowhere; you could still hear his screams and him telling you to run. A tear escaped you eye and you quickly wiped it away, smiling again at your knight in shining armor who came out of nowhere to save you.

You smiled through your slight tears and remembered back to the first time he kissed you. It had been a few weeks since you had been staying with him. As the weeks went on, you noticed him getting more fidgety and nervous around you. One day you were in the kitchen fixing the two of you lunch like always when you dropped a piece of Carol’s homemade bread. You swore to yourself and quickly bent down to grab it.

You stood up with the piece of bread in your hands and twirled around to put it on the plate next to Daryl. You looked at him apologetically and noticed his eyes were narrower than usually. He was glaring at you, rubbing his lips feverishly with his index finger and his right leg was bouncing up and down, anxiously.

“What?” You asked, putting the bread on his plate.

“Nothin’.” He replied, his eyes did not come to yours, but remained fixated on your stomach and chest, only for a second before looking down at the floor.

You put two and two together and realized he was looking at you, in a whole other way. You had to admit you had always found him attractive. Fuck. Attractive doesn’t even cover it. The man was gorgeous! But, from what people had told you that was just something Daryl didn’t do, so you never got your hopes up.

“Why, Mr. Daryl Dixon. What do you have on your mind?” You remembered asking, as you teased him; you loved that he was so nervous just by getting caught looking at you.

His gaze stayed fixated on the floor as he chewed on his lip, nervously. He didn’t know how to respond. Truth be told, Daryl had wanted you from the moment he rescued you. The image of you shaking like a leaf on the floor beside him as the walkers roamed through. The way you had grabbed his hand after finally being able to trust that he wouldn’t hurt you. The way you smiled and hugged him after it was all over, he remembered putting his arms around you and holding you as close as he could, breathing in your scent. He hadn’t felt the way he had felt around you in a very long time, to be honest he didn’t know what to do with his feelings. So, he put on his mask and went to work fixing you up, healing you from your trauma. No matter what, he wasn’t about to let anything happen to you.