I guess we'll have just have to share the bed then

By writer-forverx on Tumblr

It was a sunny day in Alexandria, not a quiet day though, you had killed many walkers and your arms were killing you, you were sitting on a chair outside the porch of your house with eyes closed, you were really tired, a sleep would really work. You were so ready to fall asleep but you felt a pair of strong arms shaking you, you quickly opened you eyes only to see Daryl looking at you confused.

“You know the chair is not the best bed right?” He said with no emotions.

“Yeah no shit.” You chuckled and stand up to look at him better.

“So…” You spoke again. “What’s up?” You asked not trying to blush because you had a small crush on Daryl since the beginning, even though you knew that you had zero chances with him because you were much younger and because he was Daryl.

“We’re going on a run, grab some food and water and let’s go.” After he said that he was ready to leave but you stopped him.

“Wait, only both of us?” You asked worried and exited in the same time.

“Yes, is there a problem?” 

“No, no of course not okay I’m going to grab the things that we need.” You said and he nodded. You went inside and grabbed some food an water, you put your knife and your gun in your belt that it was small for your size, but you only had that so you were forced to wear it, but you also looked good with it.

You closed the door and went to find Daryl. You wanted to tell him that you were tired and you couldn’t go but this was the only chance to hang with him alone. He was waiting for you in the car outside the doors of Alexandria.

Rick and Carl were there too, you smiled at them and they smiled back. You jumped in the car and gave Daryl a small smile.

“Be safe out there.” Rick said with his deep voice, you must admit you like Rick too but not as much as Daryl.

“Of course Rick, we will be back as soon as possible.” You nodded smiling and he patted your shoulder and waved at Daryl.

Daryl didn’t say a thing, he just started driving, you sighed sad hoping that he would talk but he was always like that, you liked it though. For you it was an awkward silence, so you were looking from your window, the trees and some walkers. Seeing the nature you started to remember the old times, your family, your friends, everything wasn’t perfect but at least it was better. Tears came in you eyes and you quickly breathed because you didn’t wanted to cry, and of course not in front of Daryl.

He saw you but didn’t say anything, he hated to see you cry, of course you didn’t know that. You faked a smile and continue to mumble a song that your mom used to sing you. Daryl sometimes give some looks that you didn’t like.

“I can stop if you want, sorry.”

“Nah, keep going, maybe you won’t have the chance to sing it again.” He said not looking at you.

You were confused, you got sad when you thought that maybe he thinks that you’re weak and you can die at any time, you wanted to cry more after this.

After a while you finally arrived in some kind of houses that were in a road that didn’t looked damaged. You thought that you may find many useful things in there.

“I’m going at the first house, you go at the second one.” You told Daryl and he nodded without saying a thing. You hated when he was quiet, you wanted to have a conversation with him, just once, for anything, it doesn’t matter. 

You went in the kitchen, the house wasn’t a mess like the others, you found some food and glasses, plates, colors, papers, clothes. You mostly took the food and some plates with glasses, you took only two papers and some colors for Judith, she doesn’t have many toys and you love spending your time with her. After searching three houses, you went outside to find Daryl and to see if he found anything, but you couldn’t find him.