Imagine Daryl being protective of you because of how clumsy you are

By underratedcharactersimagnes on Tumblr

It was early morning and you were already up, preparing yourself to go on a run. It wasn’t something common for you but today you just had to.

It was Daryl’s birthday and you had to get something to prepare a little surprise for him. He deserved it you thought.

From the day, he met you he had been keeping you safe and much more than the others in the group, you could tell. He was always going out of his way to keep you close, standing in front of you to keep walkers away and such, you just had to repay him somehow.

Not to mention, that he admitted to you to never really having had any sort of celebration for his birthday, just made you want to do it for him even more.

Carefully preparing your bag, you finally finished and made sure to quietly step out the house, so the others wouldn’t know, especially the birthday boy.

The sun was out and you could tell it was going to be a rather beautiful day and you couldn’t have hoped for any better. With a smile, you asked for the gate to be open and were finally on your way to the nearest town to prepare the celebrations.

~~~~

Feeling like something was off, Daryl tossed and turned in his bed. Eventually, he gave up on sleep but as he opened his eyes the sun blinded him through the window, making him realize how he must’ve slept in.

He quickly got dressed for the day but while doing so, he just couldn’t brush the uncomfortable feeling away from him. He quickly stepped out of his room and instantly noticed your door still closed.

It wasn’t odd for you to still be asleep at this hour, he thought and smiled to himself as he leaned against his door. Carefully, he closed his door and just thought of going into your room to surprise you.

He tiptoed his way to your door and held onto the doorknob, slowly turning it before opening it wide. He wanted to scream at you and laugh but you weren’t there.

Your bed was empty. His eyes widened slightly, thinking to himself the countless of times your door would be left open the moment you stepped out of the room and how this wasn’t in your habit.

He quickly rushed down the stairs to check if you were anywhere in the house and soon enough started to call to you. However, nothing. Pacing to the front door, he quickly opened it and took notice of everyone around.

Among them, you were nowhere to be found. Stepping down the stairs, he looked around for you and tried to subtly hide his worry about you.

He could feel his heart racing nervously and started to struggle hiding his feelings. Bumping into Rick, he jumped and felt the other man gripping his arm.

“Daryl?! Y-You okay?!” he asked him.

He looked at Rick trying to reassure him, nodding and shrugging, not wanting to alarm the others around who might pass.

“Y-Yeah i’m fine…Why?”

Rick chuckled at those words and shook his head in disbelief.

“Because you don’t look like it…Come on what’s wrong?”

Shifting his gaze around, he knew he couldn’t keep it a secret anymore and told him in a lower voice of his worries.

“It’s Y/N…She ain’t in her room or the house…I got worried and i’m looking for all over but still nothing…”

At that Rick chuckled and just felt like he should’ve realized the obvious. Since he came across you, there wasn’t a time when Daryl couldn’t be seen right next to you and keeping you company.