Purple

By fvckdaryl 

I could finally see the prison in the distance, and I couldn’t describe the feeling in my heart. I knew they were there, I just knew it.

Even though I was limping and hurting, I was getting closer and closer by the second.

Every time I breathed, a sharp pain shot through my side. I held onto it, but it hurt even more. I knew it had to be bruised, but I wasn’t positive how bad.

I felt myself trip over a hidden object and fell, scraping my arm.

“Shit.” I mumbled and stood back up brushing my clothes off. I felt the warm liquid spilling down my arm, but when I looked it wasn’t as bad as I pictured it.

I just kept going, I had to get in there. I couldn’t see too much considering it was dark, but I thought I saw someone in the tower.

Before I knew it, I saw something flying towards my head. I ducked just before I was struck with an arrow. Daryl almost killed me and didn’t even know it.

I stood back up and raised my arms so he knew I wasn’t a threat. I quickly turned and pulled the arrow out of the tree it got stuck in, and walked towards the gate.

Daryl came running out from the tower and pulled the gate opened. I dropped the arrow at our feet, and neither of us really paid attention to it.

“Y/N!” He yelled and grabbed me in a hug, it hurt, but it was fine considering it was Daryl.

“Daryl.” Was the only thing I could get out before I started crying hysterically in his arms.

He picked me up and carried me through the prison yard, and into cell block D.

It’s been days since we’ve been together, but it felt like years.

“Alright, let me see ya.” He said placing me down on the top of the table. He brought the first aid kit over and set it next to me.

“Yer pretty beat up, what happened to ya?”

“A lot.” I said and instantly crossed my arms over my chest.

“Like?” He asked as he began to open the alcohol pads to clean me off.

“Nothing it’s fine now.” I tried to reassure him, but I knew he wasn’t taking it.

“Alright, let me fix ya.” He said peeling my hair away from neck so it was out of the way. “What the hell is this?” He said as soon as he saw it. “Where the hell did ya get all these damn marks, cause they sure as hell ain’t mine.” He slammed the alcohol pad down on the table.

I knew there would be hickeys on my neck from the Governor, and I didn’t want to remember them. In fact, I knew they would be all over my body.

“They’re everywhere.” I admitted as I put my head down and bit my lip. I lifted up my shirt to show him the marks on chest and the bruises on my sides from being beaten. He lightly touched the mark with his fingers as if he was making sure it was real.

“What?” He asked in a whisper. He put his hands on either side of my legs and let his head hang low to look at my face.

“I couldn’t stop it.” I whispered back and felt myself begin to cry again. “He made me do it or we were all gonna die, he made me.” I wiped the tears away, but they just kept coming.

“No, no, tell me you’re lyin’.” Daryl begged shutting his eyes.

I just kept crying and shook my head. I felt him wrap his arms around me and begin to tremble.

My body was aching from being touched, but I didn’t care considering Daryl hasn’t held me in days. I scrunched his shirt up in my hands and I felt him smooth my hair over.

“I’m gonna kill ‘em darlin’, don’t ya worry.” He reassured me and kissed the top of my head. He let me cry and cry until we heard footsteps.

“What is going-” Beth’s voice cut off as soon as she saw me. “Y/N, thank god you’re aright!” She came running up and threw her arms around me. I winced in pain, but I sucked up.

“I’ll be back.” Daryl said as he pecked my lips quickly and went for his crossbow.

“Where you goin’?” I asked confused.

“Told ya, I’m goin’ to kill 'em.”

“No you’re not, you’re going to get yourself killed.” I said getting off the table.

“He hurt you like that. I ain’t gonna stand around and let that son of a bitch get away with it.” He stood tall and broad.

“No, you’re staying here with me.”

“No I ain’t.” He said trying to walk past me.

“Fine.” I said and then turned to the cells. “RICK!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, I was sure everyone was awake by that point.

“What the hell Y/N.” Daryl mumbled.

“What’s wrong?” Rick came running instantly.

“Daryl is trying to hunt the Governor down alone.” I ratted him out immediately.

“Daryl, you’re stayin’.” Rick said nodding his head.

“Hell I ain’t, he hurt her. I’m gonna go teach that prick a lesson.” Daryl said slinging the crossbow over his back.

“Not unless you plan on dying tonight you’re not.” Rick huffed.

“What are you, nuts?” Glenn appeared from behind the bars and walked down beside Rick.

“You’re not going.” I said crossing my arms.

Daryl didn’t say anything, he just turned to walk out the door. Before he could, Rick jumped in front of him and slammed the bars shut.

“You’re not goin’.” Rick said.

“Move Rick.” Daryl growled.

“I need you.” I whispered.

“Yeah and I need to know yer gonna be safe, so I’m gonna terminate him so this never happens again. Now move.” Daryl insisted and tried to push past Rick.

“Daryl, don’t be selfish. You know that you have no chance alone. Once they kill you, they’re coming straight for us.” Glenn said putting his hand on Daryl’s shoulder.

“Come sleep.” I begged and pulled his arm.

Daryl finally removed the crossbow from his back and turned to face me.

“Fine, but only cause you want me to.” Daryl sighed and walked past me to his cell.

I nodded to Glenn and Rick as a thank you, and grabbed the first aid kit so Daryl could actually fix me this time.

I know that for right now The Governor would be safe, but if he ever crossed paths with Daryl, he’d be gone in an instant.