Caught Up In A Hurricane

By theyinfenaddictposts on Tumblr

I was out with Glenn and Maggie, picking up some supplies. We were running low on a lot of things, but mainly things for my little sister, Judith, so when I found a box full of powdered formula I was ecstatic. I sheathed my knife and picked up the box, running out to tell Maggie and Glenn. 

“Guys, look what I found!” I yelled 

They both turned to face me, but they weren’t sharing the same joy that I was. I looked at them with confusion, but before either one of them could say anything, I felt someone pull me backward causing me to drop the box. I kicked back, hard and went for my knife to kill the walker, but before I could reach it, I felt a knife press against my neck. 

“Not one move, none of you, or I cut her throat,” I heard a voice growl in my ear. 

“What do you want?” I growled, understanding that this person clearly wasn’t a walker. 

He gripped my hair and pulled it tightly, pulling my face up to his and exposing my neck further. “Shut up.” He pushed the knife closer to my throat and I felt the warmth of blood. 

“Stop it!” Maggie screamed, trying to come to my aid, but Glenn stopped her.

“Merle?” He asked and both the man and I tensed up. 

“Holy shit, China boy, it is you. Maybe I should chain this little one up on the roof and leave her to die like you did to me?” He growled and I felt the knife lift slightly for a second before it settled against my neck. I was able to get a good enough view of it to see that it wasn’t a knife at all, but a homemade attachment to a prosthetic hand. It was him. 

“We went back for you!” He defended.

“How kind of you,” Merle retorted. “Now weapons to the ground.” Glenn and Maggie both threw their guns to the ground. “You too, princess,” he said, pushing me forward enough that he could rip my bow off with his free hand. I tried to struggle free, but he quickly pulled me back against his chest. “Don’t be stupid,” he told me. “Now tell me, is my little brother alive?” He directed at Glenn. 

“Yes,” Glenn replied, sparing a glance at me. 

“Good. Get in the car.” He demanded. “Now!” He yelled when they didn’t move. 

“We aren’t taking you to them,” I informed as we followed Glenn and Maggie into the car. 

“Don’t worry, princess, we aren’t going back to your little friends. Now, move.” He pushed me forward into the backseat of the car. 

We sat in silence as Merle directed Glenn where to go. I tried to ignore the blade pressing into my neck and focus on remembering the directions so we could make our way back to get the formula when we escaped. 

As soon as we arrived wherever it was he was taking us, we were all pulled out of the car and bags were placed over our heads. There was no longer a knife to my neck, so I took the opportunity to fight, which was difficult with a bag over my head. I barely made contact with anyone before I was knocked out with a blow to the face. 

When I woke up, I was heavily taped to a chair. I groaned and attempted to pull free of the binds, but I could easily tell there was no escaping. 

“You okay?” I heard Glenn ask. I turned to my right to see him bound to a chair just as I was. I nodded, instantly regretting it after a wave of dizziness hit me.

“Where’s Maggie?” I asked, fearing the answer. 

“I don’t know,” He answered solemnly.