Run Away With Me

By thewalkingdeadimaginings on Tumblr

Negan had multiple wives that he spent equal amounts of time with, except for Sherry who he treated as his favorite but that seemed to be because he wanted to taunt Dwight, Sherry’s actual husband.

But everything changed when you’d realized you were pregnant with Negan’s baby. He’d started treating you like a queen and most of his time was spent with you. He’d spent entire afternoons just lying in bed with you with his hand on your growing belly as your baby kicked away. You pretended to be happy in order to protect yourself and your baby but in reality, you wanted to leave this place and keep your baby far away from Negan.

You were a few days away from being thirty-five weeks. You were just thankful that there was a doctor who had somewhat of a clue and he said you only had a few weeks left to go. Your baby was kicking all the time, an energetic little thing.

Negan had been gone all night long and it was just you and Negan’s other wives. Sherry was sitting next to you, pressing her hand against your belly to feel your baby kicking, “Wow, he’s going crazy in there. Or she. What do you think it is? Or I should say what do you hope it is?”

“I just want a healthy baby to be honest,” you replied, “With as little complications as possible. But so far, everything’s been going smoothly so hopefully that turns into a smooth delivery.”

“I’m sure you’ll be fine, Y/N,” Sherry said, “You should get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Negan and his boys didn’t return until dawn. Despite your disdain for Negan, you still wouldn’t wish death on him and a part of you was relieved to see he’d come back alive. You came outside, stretching your aching back as you let the morning sun warm your skin.

“Y/N, you should go back inside,” Negan said, resting his hand on your shoulder. You leaned over as Dwight opened up the back of his van and yanked out a long haired, broad shouldered man. He was white as a ghost, his neck, shoulder, and his entire right arm were soaked in blood as he struggled to breathe.

“Who is that man and what happened to him?” you asked.

“He got shot,” Negan replied, “But we’re gonna patch him up. He was part of the group that killed our people at one of our outposts.”

This man and his group had killed all the men in that outpost? You felt guilty being so impressed by that. But that man’s condition made you feel ever worse.

“What’s his name?”

“Daryl,” Negan said. He wrapped his arm around your waist and placed his hand on your stomach but you couldn’t tear away from Dwight dragging Daryl away. Negan smiled and kissed your temple, “But enough about him. How’s the baby?”

“Same as always,” you replied, “I’m kinda tired though. I didn’t get much sleep last night. I think I’m gonna go back inside and take a nap.”

“Of course,” Negan said, “Gotta keep up your strength for the little one.”

“Right,” you murmured. Negan kissed your lips one last time before the two of you parted ways. The wonderful thing about Negan was that if you mentioned needing rest for the baby, he left you alone for hours. You had no idea what compelled you to see if this Daryl guy was okay but something in you just had to know. He looked so broken down and tired. You couldn’t imagine what he’d seen last night.