Evelyn

"Why are we here again?" Asked Amelia, sounding a bit whiney.

"I told you," said the Professor, "I need to get some new things for my house. Now that Connor's living with me, we kind of need to double that."

I smiled as we entered the store, which was called Regive... I think. It was like Goodwill, but... healthier? I don't know. Anyway, we entered the store, finding a bunch of antiques as we entered. It was at least a week after the lab exploded. Friday adopted Connor, and they were living happily in the Professor's nice house. The lab had been a story on the news, and no one knew who created the fire, or if there were any survivors. Which there were, but they had found at least nine bodies in the debris. Also, I'm not sure if you could already tell, but when Friday shoots his portal gun into someone's mouth, the portal goes down their throat and opens inside their body, then sends all their organs, blood, and bones to another dimension, leaving behind a lifeless body once it's done...

Yay!

"This place is gross." Whimpered Amelia, keeping her hands close and glancing at all the clothes and furniture. "You don't know where these things have been."

"Relax, Amelia, they clean this stuff." Friday picked up a plate and looked at it closely.

"Why are we here instead of a Wal-Mart or something?"

"Because being a librarian doesn't mean you're a millionaire."

I laughed. "That's true." I hopped over to a wardrobe, looking it over. Madie walked over to me, observing what I was. I smiled, then stepped inside the wardrobe and said, "Let's go visit Asland in Narnia!"

Madie laughed, then hopped into the wardrobe too. "Time to defeat the Evil Queen!"

"The Snow Quan?" I asked, remembering an inside joke between us.

Madie burst into laughter. "Kye-YEE!"

I laughed, too. "I forgot to read you that this year."

"Yeah, I missed my Christmas story."

See, every Christmas, we have a book called The Snow Queen. Frozen was based off of this book, by the way. Anyway, I would read it, but in a totally messed up version. I'd give people ridiculous voices, and I'd purposely mess up their names. I did that one year about three years ago, and it became our tradition to read it every year after that. This year, though, we were so busy that we couldn't.

"Kids," Friday chided, "get out of Narnia."

"Awe," we whined, before hopping out and looking for something else.

The place smelled musky and kind of old, and the floor was grey cement. There were isles like normal stores, but the things were a jumbled mix-matched display. I looked at a weird rabbit antique, thinking something like, Why would someone make anything like this? I got distracted by a colorful thing, and then another thing, and soon, I lost the group entirely. I sniffed the air, the scents of everything kind of overwhelming and making my nose hurt.

As I examined a record, someone strange caught my eye. He was extremely out of place in the old store, and looked too rich to even bother standing in it. I looked at where he was--the next isle--and quietly put the record down and tip toed over to him. He examined a lamp, his clean hands behind his back. He looked like he just came back from a wedding, wearing a nice tuxedo and polished black shoes. His skin was paper white, and his hair was tied back in a pony tail, the color of pitch. I stopped a few feet away from him, watching and wondering. After a moment, he surprised me by saying, "You really don't know who I am?"

I looked around, not sure if he were talking to me or just himself.

"You can't sense it at all? Truly?" He turned his head and looked in my direction, black eyes looking through me.

I swallowed, feeling weak in the knees. There was something truly evil about this man. I just don't know what.

He let out an unamused chuckle, his face expressionless. "Maybe you just haven't tapped into your power yet."

"I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" I questioned, pointing at myself.

He nodded, turning to face me entirely.

"Okay... Well, what are you talking about?"

This time, he chuckled with bubbly merth. "Ah, you're so innocent, Soulbreather. You really haven't recognized your Yin to your Yang."

I gave him a weird look. "Wha?"

He smirked. "In time, kid, you'll learn. Possibly soon, I'd recon. Once it comes out."

I kept my weird look plastered on my face. Jericho lit up and said, "Who are you?"

He shook his head. "You're so clueless..." Looking at his polished shoes, he snorted, then turned and began to walk away. I started to follow, but then he just... Fwoosh! He was gone! He disappeared into thin air, leaving nothing behind. I looked around, wondering if anyone other than I saw that.

"Ev!" Exclaimed Charitie, running at me from behind.

I turned and looked at her. "Yo, what's up?"

"Friday's looking for you. He doesn't know where you are." She took my hand and led me back to the group.

"Guys," I said once we stopped, "I saw this weird dude in a tux."

"That is weird." Friday said. "Usually, only people in stained clothes come here."

"No, no, that's not what I mean. He was talking about Yin and Yang, and then he called me 'Soulbreather', and then he kept asking if I knew something."

Everyone looked at me in a weird way.

"Where is he?" Asked Friday.

"I don't know. He just went phphphph, and disappeared!"

Madie giggled. "He went phphphph?"

"Yep. He did. He went phphphph." I smiled.

Amelia gave me an 'are-you-serious?' look, rolling her eyes to top it off.

"Well," Friday said, scratching the back of his neck, "if you ever see that guy again, come find me, okay?"

I nodded, and we went to the checkout, seeing we already had what we needed. We went to get food after that, and then headed back to Friday's home, where we spent the rest of the day.