Amelia

I stared at him as he put his finger on the trigger. I was frozen to the very spot, and I knew I'd be long dead before I could pull myself together. He stared at me with his brown eyes, and his crossbow wavered as his hand shook. I'm going to die! I thought fearfully. The boy winced and was about to pull the trigger, but then sighed and dropped it.

"I can't do this," he whispered to himself. He sat down cross-legged on the ground and held his head in his hands. "What kind of king am I going to be?"

This is Andrew? I thought as I stared at him. I took a risk and walked forward, making Prince Andrew look up at me fearfully. I stopped in my tracks and lowered my head, then took another step cautiously. Prince Andrew slowly stood up and took a step back. I took another step.

"Will you hurt me?" Prince Andrew asked.

"Why would I want to do that?" I asked, raising my golden head.

"Well, you're a dragon. Aren't dragons supposed to kill people and destroy their homes?" Prince Andrew seemed confused.

"That only happens in fairy tales."

Prince Andrew was still scared of me, the fear written plain on his face. I took another step, and this time, Prince Andrew walked up to me. His eyes then fell on my watch, and I hid Lorita the best I could with my tail. He looked up at me again, then stretched out his hand and tried to touch me on the nose. I snorted, then backed away.

"No, no, it's okay." Prince Andrew said to me as he put his hand down. "I won't touch you if you don't want me to."

I reared back my head to keep my distance and backed away a little again. Prince Andrew only stood there and watched me. I looked around, then looked back at Prince Andrew and raised my wings, preparing to take off. I whirled around and ran away, then jumped into the air.

"Wait! Come back!" Prince Andrew shouted as I flew away.

I took off to the village, then landed outside the sleepy town and pressed the button on my watch. I became human again, then ran into the town and headed towards the inn. When I got inside, I hurried to my room and opened the door to find Madie sleeping on one of the beds, Evelyn snoring on the ground, and an empty bed. I laid down on the bed, then pulled the blanket up to me.

Just go to bed, Amelia. I told myself. It'll be okay. Then I closed my eyes.

* * *

I opened my eyes, the sudden light surprising me. I sat up and looked around, then remembered that I was still in the medieval times.

"Good morning, Amelia." Lorita said to me.

"Morning." I said to Lorita with a small smile.

Evelyn yawned and stretched, then looked around. "Room." She said bluntly. Then she saw me. "Hi, Amelia." She said to me with a smile.

I smiled back, then watched as Evelyn stood up and walked over to Madie's bed, then jumped up and down on it. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Evelyn repeated as she jumped.

Madie opened her eyes. "MEH!" Madie said, then she laughed.

I stood up and opened the door, then bumped into Connor, who was standing at the door.

"Oh, we were just about to get you for breakfast." Connor said.

"We'll be out in a second." I said.

When we did come out, we followed Charitie, Essie, and Connor to the dinning hall. We got our breakfast, and as we ate, I watched as a group of men eyed us suspiciously at another table. Then one of the men stood up and walked to our table.

"I couldn't help but notice," he said to all of us, " that I've never seen none of your faces before. What's 'ith that? Are yee new 'ere?"

"Yes, sir," Madie said in an accent that matched the man's, "we came all 'is way to meet the prince 'imself. We were hopin' t' meet 'im today."

"Oh, well yer all in luck. E's havin' meetin's today in the castle. You can just go right up t' 'im and speak t' 'im and talk to 'im yourselves." The man said.

"Thank 'e," Madie said to him.

"Welcome." He said, then he walked back to his table with his friends.

"Well, now we know where we're going." Connor said.

After we ate, we went straight to the castle, greeted by guards.

"Welcome to the castle of Florie. What is yer business with the prince?" Asked one of the guards.

"We wish to speak with him." Madie replied.

"Make it fast." He said, then the guards moved their spears so we could enter. We walked into the castle, looking at all the shining armor and the marble floor. We were led by a servant to the throne room, and he stopped us outside two large doors.

"Wait 'ere." He ordered, then he entered the room and closed the doors behind him. When he emerged, he beckoned for us to follow, and so we did.