Friday

"AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!" I screamed in pain as another bolt of electricity coursed through my body. When they turned off the electricity, I was twitching still.

Eric stepped forwards and knelt down, meeting my gaze. "Where are the Time Watchers?"

I glared at him, then spat in his eye. Eric wiped away the spit with his sleeve, then stood up. "You know what, Friday?"

I remained mute.

"We'll end up finding them, anyway. We know they'll come back to that ugly house of yours. So, keep resisting if you want. It will just amuse me."

"D-do-" I winced as I panted. "Don't hurt th-them. They-ah-they're just k-k-kids. "

Eric stared down at me for a long time. So long, I felt like throwing up because of how unsettled I was. "You actually care about another living being other than yourself?"

I glared up at him. They thought I didn't understand or care about anything other than me, my stuff, or rocket science.

"Tell you what," said Eric, "if you build a Time Watch for us willingly, we swear we won't hurt those kids. If not, we'll track them all down, and torture all of them in horrific ways."

"NO!!! THEY'RE ALL JUST INNOCENT KIDS!!! THEY'RE LIKE MY CHILDREN!!! YOU CAN'T!!!"

"Your children?" Eric scoffed. "You know they don't feel that way towards you, right?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW THEM AT ALL!!! HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!?!"

"Calm, Daniel." Eric put his hands in his pockets. "We'll meet these kids soon enough."

I glared at him harder. "I know you're lying. You never tell the truth. You'll track those kids down and kill them even if I do help you with a Time Watch."

Eric shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." He looked at his watch, then looked behind him at the man who sat at the controls. "It's late. I'm going. Do what you will with Friday, but make sure he doesn't get out of sight or so help me, I'll shoot you with my rifle 22. When you're done with him, just throw him in his room. Oh, and don't go too crazy. We don't want him to die, now do we?"

"No, sir." The man said, laughing softly.

Eric turned to me, then knelt down and looked me in the eyes again. "You have twenty-four hours to decide, Dan. I'll be waiting for your answer tomorrow." Then Eric patted my head and left.

The man behind the controls smirked, then stood up and went to me. "So, it looks like we're alone tonight, pal." He chuckled. "What should I do to you first?... Ah! I know. You always loved this when you were a kid." 

No, he can't be talking about-- I thought, then interrupted myself as I heard the sound of metal sliding over metal. Not the sword!

"Look who's back, Friday! It's your old buddy, Mr. Playtime! He sure did miss you." The man tightened his grip on the handle of Mr. Playtime, then slashed my hand.

"AGH!" I cried out.

"Awe, Mr. Playtime looks like he wants to play with you, pal! You wanna play?"

"NO!" I winced as I felt hot blood pour down from my wound.

"Wrong answer, bud." The man held Mr. Playtime high above his head, and I looked up with despair.

No... I thought before the man let Mr. Playtime come down.