Amelia

I woke up on a small cot. The room was white, and a man was on a chair near my cot, starring down at his phone. What happened? Where am I? Who is this? I was frantic. Then I began to remember. The man was the very man who kidnapped me! What did he want me for, anyway?!

The man looked up from his phone and noticed I was awake. "Ah, Amelia, you're awake." He said with a pleasant smile. Instead of wearing a trench coat, he was wearing a lab coat.

"How do you know my name?" I asked fearfully as I sat up.

"Relax, Amelia. You have nothing to fear." He said, still smiling.

"Relax? Relax?! How can I relax when you kidnapped me and took me to this place?!" I stood up and my voice began to raise. I was about to say more, but the man cut me off.

"My name is Professor Friday. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." The man said as pleasantly as ever. He stretched out a hand for me to shake it, but I knocked it aside.

"Where am I?!" I shouted as he stood up.

Professor Friday just went to a door and beckoned me to follow. "Come. I'll explain on the way."

"On the way to where?" I asked as I obediently followed, scared of what he might do if I did not.

"Just come, and I'll show you."

Professor Friday opened the door, and I jumped as I saw five kids. One was a girl who had curly, dirty blonde hair. She had copper eyes, and was wearing a Spiderman hoodie and ripped up jeans. Age wise, she looked about thirteen. Another girl looked to be about the same age as the first girl, had stormy green eyes, and had blonde hair, and she wore a camo shirt and clean jeans. Another was yet another girl who looked older than the two, and she had curly, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She wore a long-sleeved shirt and leggings. Another was very very tall, and she had glasses and long purple and black hair. Her skin was darker than the others, and she wore sweatpants and a jacket. The last one was a boy with brown hair, dirty green eyes, and he wore a Pokémon shirt and jeans.

They were all very different, but they all had one thing in common: they all wore strange watches. The watches had a blue face, and the chains were thick. Around the face were dates, past and future. They were nothing I've ever seen in my entire life!

"What are you all doing?" Asked Professor Friday.

"Well... We got bored," said the girl with the curly, dirty blonde hair. "And we saw you brought someone here, so we thought we'd eavesdrop on you!"

"Yep!" Confirmed the boy with the green eyes.

"Also," added the girl with the stormy green eyes. "I finished reading my book."

I blinked. "Who are they?!" I asked as the kids all looked at me with curiosity in their eyes.

"These," said Professor Friday, "are my Time Watchers."

"Time Watchers?" I asked.

"I'll explain soon. Come with me." Professor Friday started walking again, and as I followed, the kids--or, Time Watchers, followed us too.

"So... What's you're name?" Asked the girl with the dirty blonde hair.

"Amelia," I said reluctantly.

"Amelia? Oooh, I like that name! Amelia, Amelia, Amelia, Amelia!" The girl started to skip and sing my name with a big smile on her face.

"Okay! Calm down!" I shouted at her.

"Okay!" She said, her enthusiasm never wavering. "I'm Evelyn. That's Charitie," Evelyn pointed to the girl with the stormy green eyes. "That's Madeline, but we call her Madie." She pointed at the girl with the dark brown hair. "That's Essence, but we call her Essie or Razz." She pointed at the tall girl. "And that's Connor! " She pointed at the boy with dirty green eyes.

I continued following Professor Friday, ignoring the kids who were smiling happily at me.

"Now, try not to take this all in at once." Professor Friday warned as he stopped at a door, looking back at me with mischief twinkling in his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

Then, Professor Friday opened the door, and I gaped.