Evelyn

Charitie and I sat in my inn room, facing each other. No one had returned yet, and Cherry and I got super bored. We were tempted to pick up a chicken and run away with it, but the crazy lady who owned it smacked us with her broom.

"We could have used it as a weapon!" Charitie exclaimed, pulling a straw out of her sunny hair.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Chicken sword! The most lethal weapon in the universe!"

"But that crazy lady had to beat us with a broom!" Complained Alex. "She threatened to throw a pitchfork at us!"

Jericho's face blinked, and I looked down to see his low battery life. "Oh, sorry, bud." I said, rummaging through my pocket for his charger. "Here you go." I quickly charged him up, then looked back at Charitie.

"I would have liked a chicken sword." Charitie pouted. "It could give us eggs so we could throw them at Connor, and we could have stabbed people with its beak, and we could throw it at Raz so she could chase us."

"I would have moved it around so I could laugh when its whole body but its head moved."

Charitie nodded. "Man, this time period is so boring!"

"How?"

"I can't read any of my books! And you, missy, can't write any books! I want to read so badly!"

"Why don't you read from the village's library?" Jericho questioned.

"Because their books aren't interesting! They're all... adult books."

"No..." I gasped. "You don't mean..."

"Yes," said Charitie, "all their books are about philosophy, astronomy, and--" She shivered. "Math."

"NO!" I exclaimed. "Not math!"

Charitie nodded gravely.

The door opened, and I watched as Amelia came into the room and fell on the bed. She looked like she was lost in thought, and I stood. I walked over to her bed, letting my hair fall in front of my face as I looked down at her. "Hello." I greeted.

"Hi," Amelia said dully.

"Are you okay?" Charitie asked, standing up as well.

"I dunno." Amelia shrugged.

"Lorita?" I asked Amelia's watch. "What's wrong with her?"

"Prince Andrew kissed her hand." Lorita stated.

"So?" I asked while Charitie squealed.

"He did?" Charitie jumped up and down joyfully. "Oh my gosh! Did he say anything sweet to you, Amelia?"

"No," Amelia sighed, "he just said he'd see me at noon, when we go back to the castle."

"Oh," Charitie stopped jumping. "Dang it! Either he's not into you, or he's bad at being romantic."

I rolled my eyes. "He's not into her. That's what guys did in the past. Chivalry is much more common here than it is in our own time." Seriously, am I the only one who knows her facts?

"Where are the others?" Amelia asked.

"They're still out." Charitie explained.

"Why are you guys here?"

"Because we were hit with a broom for attempt of robbing a chicken." I said, beaming innocently.

Amelia gave us a strange look. "You guys are so weird."