Amelia

The entire day, Lorita was trying to teach me everything she could about stealth when we were alone. Everyone but Madeline and I left to go into town, watching the progress of the villagers in the shadows. Honestly, they were all really good at keeping quiet. I didn't even know Charitie was still in the room when I began to talk to Lorita. What Charitie wanted to do? Oh, that's easy: scare the skin off of me. And she succeeded. Lorita also tried to teach me how to sharpen the skills I already have. It was pretty helpful, actually. But I won't tell her that.

Andrew was busy all day, trying to survey the work of the blacksmiths, bakers, stable boys, tax collectors, butchers, and the rest of the villagers all at once. Connor followed Andrew around the entire time, making sure nothing bad happened. Of course, he stayed as close as he could to alleys and stuff. Around the castle, I explored a bit more, meeting a few maids and butlers, and trying to see how many treats I could gather for everyone without getting caught. Oddly, that was the easiest thing in the world. Everyone was so busy, they didn't even pay attention to anything other than their work.

I refused to watch the hanging, knowing I would throw up or something if I did. Who knew he was in alliance with War'decla? I guess that just shows that anyone could be a spy or assassin. Sadly, the courtyard was very close to the castle, and I could hear the executioner announcing what the butler did in his booming voice, and I jumped and grimaced as I heard the clamber of wood falling from underneath someone's feet. It was really awful; just knowing what had happened made me feel sick.

When everyone came back, they had time travelled at least once that day, stopping an assassin or spy from fulfilling their act of crime. Connor, though, had to time travel five times, due to everyone wanting Andrew dead apparently. He also had to charge Samantha for the second time in a row, because her sensors were going off the charts, warning Connor about everything around them. A few horses had gone rogue and found a way out of the stables, so they tracked the horses down before they could do anymore damage--they had already killed Andrew once--. An assassin gave some dogs rabies somehow, intending to make the dogs bite the King. So, Connor went off and found all of those dogs, then had to send them somewhere to get help. He also tracked down the assassin.

Some villager's chickens fled the coop, so Connor helped Andrew and the villager catch all her chickens and put them back. She generously donated a few chickens to them in return, which they gave to the blacksmith for the war. The King and Connor went to the darker side of town, where the King was murdered the other four times. It wasn't just individuals, this time. It was a group of assassins, just there! So, the assassins are going to be hanged tomorrow, after their trial. They had to go to the darker side of town because they needed to find the wizards and witches, so that they could make potions for the wounded in the war. They also met up with some herbalists, just to make sure they were also going to aid in the war.

Connor had to help a few other villagers while Andrew dealt with some more, so overall the day was pretty busy for him. The King wouldn't stop thanking him after that. Seriously! He would just pop into Connor's room sometimes and say things like, "I really appreciated your help today," or, "Thrända again for helping me." Whatever 'thrända' means.

"So," Evelyn started, nibbling on the powdery treat I got for everyone, "I was snooping around a bit, and I found out a little bit of this places history."

I groaned. History?! I wanted to shout. As you all should know, I really don't like history.

Evelyn ignored me. "Okay, well, basically, they got their language from dangerous creatures called dragethers. Dragethers are falcons that can turn into dragons and vise versa. Which, I think, is super awesome! So they first called their language Dragetheran, but that became too complicated for everyone, so they called it Zandarian instead. The reason they called it that is because this place--the island we're on, I mean--is called Zandaria."

"I conducted my own research," informed Jericho, "finding that thirty-seven years from today, humans and elves will have a great war. That war will lead to the separation of elves and humans, and the humans here will become... well, complete jerks." He paused, doing a bit more research. "Oh! This is interesting..."

"What?" Asked Charitie.

"Well, we're not actually in Medieval Times."

"How's that even possible?!" I exclaimed. "Look around! How is this not Medieval?"

"Well, technically, it isn't... for everywhere else. This place is just extremely isolated. The year it is currently is 1963."

"Seriously?" Madeline gaped.

"Where is this place exactly?" Connor asked tiredly, yet still showing his intrigue in his voice.

"In the center of the Bermuda Triangle."

"Woah..." I breathed.

"No wonder it's isolated..." Lorita said.

"Yes, well we certainly learned something new today, now didn't we?" Jericho told us matter-of-factly.

* * *

I was rushing to the woods, my dress flowing behind me. When I  entered its dark, eerie heart, I transformed and flew to where I usually met Andrew. Lorita's face sparkled in the light that came from the moon, and my scales did the same. I spotted the clearing and landed, the leaves on the trees rustling from the wind my wings created. King Andrew sat on a log, bouncing his feet against the bark and rubbing his finger against his crossbow anxiously. He looked up at me, eyes nervous.

"What did they say?" He questioned, his worry oozing out of his voice.

I walked over and sat down next to him before answering. "They said they would be more than happy to help." I grinned, which I'm pretty certain looked weird.