Amelia

We entered the throne room, and I looked around. There was obviously a throne chair, Prince Andrew sitting on the throne, seeming bored out of his mind. There were loads of tapestries, all of great warriors from the villages' past. Many showed unicorns aiding the villagers in a war against some freakish creature that looked like Bigfoot and the New Jersey Devil had a baby. The throne had a red carpet in front of it so Prince Andrew could walk on it. Evelyn walked calmly as if she were full of confidence, along with Madie, her sister. A man in a dark purple robe with a long, snowy beard stood next to the throne, his cold violet eyes glaring at us, and his staff pitch black. Prince Andrew looked at us, seeming surprised as if he hadn't seen us come in.

"Oh, guests." He said dully. "I'm sorry, my mind's elsewhere today. What brings you to my castle?"

"We are travellers from afar, and we came to tell you some rather... dyer news." Madie said.

"... Oh?" Prince Andrew tilted his head to the side, a concerned look on his face.

"We have been warned of..." Madie faltered as the gaze of the sorcerer bore into her.

"Of?"

"Sorry, I ment to say that we were warned of a great evil that is going to fall upon you soon."

"What sort of evil?"

"A dangerously powerful evil. And it is right under your nose."

"Lies!" The sorcerer barked. "Leave the Prince Andrew's presence right away!"

"Wait, let them speak." Prince Andrew protested. "I want to see where this is going."

"See, your sorcerer here--" Madie tried to continue.

"Leave now! Get out of our sight!" The sorcerer snarled, raising his staff and wielding it, a light beginning to form above it.

"Hey!" Prince Andrew barked. "That is no way to treat guests."

The sorcerer reluctantly put his staff back on the ground, the light disappearing. "Yes, Your Majesty." He hissed.

"Good." Prince Andrew returned his attention to us, and I shuffled with unease. "Sorry about him. He's been rather malcontent ever since my father died. I--" He stopped as he saw my watch.

I hid it behind my back, looking innocent.

Prince Andrew looked at me, his eyes locking with mine. "I... I think it would be best if you returned later. Say... Noonish?"

"Yes sir, thank you." Evelyn said, giving him an awkward bow.

Madie elbowed her sister, then whispered, "Doofus, girls curtsie. Remember?"

"Oh, uh..." Evelyn then awkwardly curtsied, and Charitie giggled.

Prince Andrew laughed. "You amuse me, little girl." He said. "There's no need to make a grand gesture to me. It's alright."

"Oh, good." Evelyn straightened. "I had no idea how to do what I just did anyway."

"Well, Your Majesty," said Charitie, "thank you for your precious time. We will see you later, then."

"Fair the well, young travellers. I will see you later in the day." Prince Andrew waved, glancing at my watch again.

We left the castle, following the snobby servant out the gates.

"Well, now we know what we're doing... I guess..." Said Charitie.

"It might be best if we explore the town a bit so we know where to go if something bad happens." Connor said.

"Good idea." Madie then told us to separate, and we began to walk around aimlessly in the village. I couldn't help but end up back in the woods, finding the same creak from last night.

"What are you doing, Amelia?" Questioned Lorita.

"I dunno. I just feel like I need to be here." I looked down at her face, and the words be quiet were spelled on her blue surface. I grew mute, then continued walking. I stopped near the creak and, to my surprise, found Andrew. He was staring down at the water, seeming like he was deep in thought.

"I wonder..." He whispered to himself. "Where did you go?..."

I stared at him as he watched the stream flow down at a steady pace. I began to walk backwards, trying to leave him alone. But, as clumsy as I am, I decide to trip over a stupid log! The Prince jumped and looked behind him, his eyes locking with mine.

"Oh, are you okay?" He asked, walking over to me.

I stood up before he could reach me. "I'm fine, I'm fine." I said awkwardly. "Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah. I'm alright."

"...Okay." Prince Andrew stopped in front of me, and he smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, uh..." I looked down at Lorita for an answer. She gave me one, and I read off what she said. "I was just exploring, and I got a little off the path." Then I asked a question. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at the castle."

"I was, but I like sneaking away from that grumpy old sorcerer. He always wants me to do important business as 'The Soon To Be Prince of Florie', which means I can't have fun. He's too... dull for me. I like fun."

I nodded.

"So, anyway, that's why I'm here." He smiled again, then looked at the creak.

"Did... anything happen here that makes you want to be here?" I asked out of curiosity.

He looked back at me. He was quiet for a long time, long enough to make me uncomfortable. Then: "Possibly."

"What?" I should shut up.

He looked at the creak again. "I do not wish to alarm you."

"I will not be alarmed." I promised.

He snorted. "Never trust a woman."

"Why's that?" I growled, hating how people saw women in this age.

"They aren't trustworthy. Simple."

"Not all women are untrustworthy! Some are very trustworthy! You can't just go about saying that everyone who is of the opposite sex as you are snakes! That's like me going around saying that all men are smelly!" I was so angry, I didn't see Lorita's face saying Silence, Amelia!

Prince Andrew gave me a stern look, and I bit my lip. He glared at me, and I was frozen in place. "No woman has ever done anything like what you just did. Especially in my presence. And especially to me."

My breath caught.

"You are very different from the women I know here. What is your name?"

"Er... Amelia."

"Amelia..." He let the name roll off his tongue. "A beautiful name for an equally beautiful woman. I am impressed with your bravery, Ms. Amelia. I wish more women were like you."

Wait, what? I asked myself. This just took a completely different turn. Is he complementing me? Should I say thank you? I don't know! "Uh... thanks?"

Prince Andrew chuckled. "You are very welcome." Then he seemed thoughtful. "If you are brave enough to talk back to a Prince, you should be able to understand what I am about to tell you."

I nodded.

Prince Andrew sighed. "I saw--don't think I'm crazy--a dragon."