Evelyn

It was like we were staring at an oncoming storm of death. We were all staring up at the ominous sky, the clouds above the castle dark with evil purple and death black.

"That doesn't look good." Madeline said bluntly.

"Nope," I agreed, still fearing the very worst.

"We should probably check that out." Razz informed.

"Yep," I nodded.

We began to rush to the village, Madie still having trouble breathing. We ran through the gates, ignoring the panicking villagers, and hurried to the towering castle ahead of us. We didn't need to pass by any guards, because they were too busy throwing spears at the thundering clouds above. I would have laughed at them if we weren't in this situation. We ran through the massive doors and went to the throne room, ignoring the snobby butler who commanded us to leave.

When Charitie opened the door, she was met with a blade under her chin.

"Cherry!" I shouted, rushing to save her from whoever held the sword.

"Oh, it's you." Sighed Andrew, letting go of Charitie and stepping back. "My deepest apologies, young travelers. If you couldn't tell, my kingdom isn't in the best situation. We are clearly under attack."

"By what?" Asked Connor.

"Erm... We are not sure yet." Andrew shrugged. "But something very evil. That much we know of."

"Obviously," scoffed Amelia. Dang, could she stop being so snobby and whiney? Andrew looked at her as she crossed her arms over her chest, his face refusing to show any expression.

Razz elbowed me, and we both smirked at each other, sending each other mental signals like: Ooh! Someone's got a crush! through our eyes and smiles. Hehe, we are such hopeless romantics.

Andrew cleared his throat. "Well, um... would you mind going somewhere safer than here?"

"Yeah, we would mind." Connor said dully.

"Why is that?" Andrew tilted his head to watch one of the guards throw another batch of spears at the clouds.

"Because we were born for adventure, and we are trained to deal with this stuff."

"Is that so? Well, then, what is this?"

"Magic." I butted in. "Definitely magic." Hey, what would you expect from someone who writes books in the fantasy and sci-fi genre? ... Exactly.

"I knew it!" Andrew snarled under his breath. "But who sent this bad omen?"

Seriously? Who else?! I shot in the back of my brain.

"Uh, who told you that you'd 'rue the day' again?" Madeline asked, gasping slightly.

Andrew's face became blank. "Er.... Oh! War'decla?" He asked, like a clueless kid in class was called on by the teacher.

"Der!" Razz made a funny face.

Andrew made a face that looked like he just smelled something strange. He was probably thinking something like, 'How dare you disrespect the king?!' or whatever. But I ignored it and focused on not laughing at War'decla's ridiculous name.

"So, what do you suggest we do, then?" Andrew continued.

"Well, in each case," said Charitie, "we are given two options about what the person or creature-thing would be doing. One, is hiding. Two, is that they'll come face-to-face with you."

I glanced around the area again, waiting for some more action to accur. It was getting kinda boring just standing around and waiting for something to happen.